By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The switch launch feels very quiet...

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jason1637 said:

Well they shipped 2 million units and its all sold out. How is selling 2 million units "quite"

Wii U did similar. Understanding history is why I am not flinching towards Nintendo, but I cant say I havent felt a tinge of impulse.

Wii U did 2 million in 2 holiday months. Switch is on track to do 2 million in march.

Lawlight said:
jason1637 said:

Well they shipped 2 million units and its all sold out. How is selling 2 million units "quite"

I'll say it again - it's not sold out everywhere.

Where is it not sold out?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
jason1637 said:

Its coming out in bits. Target is selling it in store and not online right now in limited quantities. A lot of amazon buyers are still waiting. Best Buy and Gamestop are waiting to restock. 

jason1637 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Wii U did similar. Understanding history is why I am not flinching towards Nintendo, but I cant say I havent felt a tinge of impulse.

Wii U did 2 million in 2 holiday months. Switch is on track to do 2 million in march.

Lawlight said:

Amazon italy. Every single gamestore in singapore and hongkong that sells nintendo stuffs. EB games in aussie (aussie has a huge nintendo fanbase)

http://enthusiast.gg/10132/gamestop-nintendo-switch-launch-is-strongest-and-most-successful-in-years

Wyrdness said:
http://enthusiast.gg/10132/gamestop-nintendo-switch-launch-is-strongest-and-most-successful-in-years

Well, considering how it's been years since the last console released, that's not really telling us much.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Wyrdness said:

Well, considering how it's been years since the last console released, that's not really telling us much.

And it's not like murica has worse scalper problem than any other country.

Kekekeke

Just wanted to back the people who say it's quite. Agreed.

Of course it isn't a typical Holiday release and there is no competition to amplify the hype. My sixth sense tells me they're intentionally not not adding to it as well...

m_csquare said:
jason1637 said:

Amazon italy. Every single gamestore in singapore and hongkong that sells nintendo stuffs. EB games in aussie (aussie has a huge nintendo fanbase)

Where did you get this?

jason1637 said:
m_csquare said:

Where did you get this?

I live in spore and travel to hongkong once a week

I think it's because they released it outside of the holiday months. So yeah, I agree; it seems rather tame compared to the launch of say the PS4 and Xbox one a few years ago.