By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So we can't track play times on switch?

I really liked this feature too and I'm a,so missing it. Atleast games like GTA5 other TPHD had it built into the game, so far I have no idea how long I've been playing BotW and it's a feature I miss, along with youtube and Netflix.

Around the Network

The parential controls app can track play time.

But I won't deny that having to use an app just to trask play times is dumb.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Normchacho said:

I was really just saying that there's been a lot of bad news surrounding the Switch, from missing features, to a midling launch lineup, to hardware issues, to poor design choices... The system's just not really off to a great start.

I'd say nearly every system launch has some sort of hiccup. Though this time there's not a huge, slow day-one patch like with the Wii U. (Also some of the problems truly are non-issues.)

I prefer NOT to know how much time I've been playing to be honest.. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Parental Controls seem to be the way to go

The Switch features are pretty barebones, so hopefully they add a proper Activity Log like the 3DS later..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Not saying this is a big issue (it isn't), but he's still got a point. This isn't even something that people would have been hoping for, it was a standard feature for both the Wii U and 3DS so it was just expected. It's normal to expect features from one console to still be on its succesor too. It's easy to accept some missing (and ideally being added in updates later) but for the Switch it seems far too many are missing, even really basic things such as an internet browser. It doesn't make the Switch a bad console, but it certainly isn't an encouraging sign either.

I am speaking from my experience. it's something I don't personally see as much of an issue (especially if you can track times by changing parental controls).

Edit: furthermore, I get why people are concerned about a web browser but to me, Id rather just use my phone. It also goes as a nonissue.

The issues most people strike with the system itself are a bit nitpicky. I do get wanting to keep the same features but I buy a system to play games. These features are nice but not necessities. 

My thoughts, too.

I saw my total playtime in my user page.

This is too bad. 3DS had the best Activity Log, WiiU's was pretty barebones but at least it was something.

Ka-pi96 said:
Jranation said:

Ps4 don't have it? 

Nope, not at all. Xbox One has it, although in my experience it's liable to be wrong by quite a large margin. Perhaps MS have fixed it now though?

Oh wow. I thought it was normal to have it so I was shocked the Switched is not having it. Considering the 3DS had a really good tracker and the Wii U doing only half of the 3DS version. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

hd94 said:

I m trying to check my botw play time but i couldnt find it. Kinda suck :(

I think can through the parental app on your phone. I haven't fully explored the app but it does allow you to track play time.