By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch : Docking may scratch your screen ! Go buy à Screen protector !

Quite lame. deskpro2k3 posted a Blunty vid on this too. How in the actual fuck is the screen so susceptible to scratching in general, let alone due to using the dock? Which is integral to the design. I have A: Managed to never scratch any portable device I've ever owned, and B: Never used a screen protector. Don't like em'. Being careful has always been enough. I doubt that would be the case with this fragile thing. Quite. Lame.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

If this is true that makes me very sad. I HATE screen protectors.
I must be the worst screen protector installer in the world. I always end up with little hairs, dust, bubbles,or crap under it. And then I put it on crooked so I always have to do it like 5 times before I get finger prints on the back and it starts to crease so I rage quit and throw it out in the garbage.

Imaginedvl said:
JRPGfan said:

Wait I thought of a solution... couldnt you just "pad" the insides of the dock with some cloth (along the walls of it)?

Probably works better than a screen protecter and just takes a old T-shirt you cut up and some glue.

Yap, this is way better imo :) Good idea

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Protector-amFilm-Tempered/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&dpID=51XU3cYf%20SL&dpPl=1&keywords=amfilm%20switch&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&qid=1488563450&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1&tag=viglink20241-20

also one of these:

m_csquare said:
So apparently some user report that the heat from the system caused the screen protector to peel off.

If youre getting one, get the tempered glass one

This made me laugh.

its one fail report after another with this system.

We talking from notmal use? Or from use such as Cnet with the kickstand lel

Around the Network
Panama said:
We talking from notmal use? Or from use such as Cnet with the kickstand lel

from normal use.

You can get a screen protector for 10$ so its not a huge issue to fix but... it still kinda sucks nintendo didnt think of this and fix it before launch.

JRPGfan said:

Wait I thought of a solution... couldnt you just "pad" the insides of the dock with some cloth (along the walls of it)?

Probably works better than a screen protecter and just takes a old T-shirt you cut up and some glue.

cloth will eventually be filled with dust, turning it into sandpaper

Lafiel said:
JRPGfan said:

cloth will eventually be filled with dust, turning it into sandpaper

Would have been better if nintendo didnt choose to go with a cheap solution to the hardware, and use a plastic screen, instead of a glass one.

Maybe they do a revision of it soon, and half a year from now, the then sold versions will have glass instead.

Day1 and theres a few people with scratches on their Switch's already.... jebus.

"Haha fuck just saw this thread and so reached over and grabbed my Switch.
It has a pretty long scratch down the right side.
I've docked it three times today, all carefully too.

This after my 3DS OG and XL both had scratched screens from simply closing the lids, fucking ridiculous. " - Jo Shishido's Cheeks @neogaf.

Nintendo chooseing plastic screen for their switch was a poor design choice, to save them a few pennies.

Ka-pi96 said:
Normchacho said:
Never buy a console at launch.

Depends on the console. My launch PS4 is fine...

Mine too! Knock on wood. And since I still can't post pics/gifs on people's walls, here's The Hulk fighting a bear.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."