By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

BraLoD said:
Is the Switch sold out?

it was like in the 30's.. and now its #10.

So I think it got some units, and they all sold out again.

Around the Network

More Switch sto-
aaaaand gone.

hudsoniscool said:

While true that mass effect hasn't been a huge franchise it's not fair comparing it to a series that got around 5 million sales from bundles.

i think andromeda will sell around 5 million this year, 7-8 million lifetime. This is my global estimation by the way.

just looking at the charts it's doing very well but idk about being the best selling game in march. There's horizon, Zelda, and ghost recon to go up against. Ghost should be the hardest compitition for taking the month. Whoever wins I expect it will be close.

@bold
Do you have a link for this? 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
hudsoniscool said:

While true that mass effect hasn't been a huge franchise it's not fair comparing it to a series that got around 5 million sales from bundles.

i think andromeda will sell around 5 million this year, 7-8 million lifetime. This is my global estimation by the way.

just looking at the charts it's doing very well but idk about being the best selling game in march. There's horizon, Zelda, and ghost recon to go up against. Ghost should be the hardest compitition for taking the month. Whoever wins I expect it will be close.

@bold

Man you guys just jump on anything. It was an estimation. The series has been bundled a lot. I don't know how much a few million at least.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

4 of the top 5 are ps4 and Horizon not in stock until the 27th.

Good to see other exclusives like Persona 5, MLB and FF12 doing well too.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
The Switch stock is crazy is demand really THAT high that it keeps selling out? I expect some big sales for the system this month!

What's even more impressive is that even when the Switch is out of stock, the sales rate is high enough for the Switch to keep it close with the PS4 and stay ahead of the XB1.

Never thought of that 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

12 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#16 PS4 UC4 (down 1)
#21 NiS Grey (down 11)
#39 NES (down 3)
#57 NiS Neon (up 21)
#92 XB1 Battlefield (re-entry)
#97 XB1 Minecraft (down 11)

SOFTWARE**:
#07 NiS Mario Kart 8 Delux (same)
#10 PS4 FF XII Zodiac Age (up 2)
#12 PS4 MLB The Show 2017 (up 4)
#17 PS4 Persona 5 SBE (up 2)
#20 PS4 Kingdom Hearsts Remix (up 5)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20:**

PS4: 1 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

PS4s software domination is beyond a joke right now. No one can compete.

The PS5 Exists. 

hudsoniscool said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

@bold

Man you guys just jump on anything. It was an estimation. The series has been bundled a lot. I don't know how much a few million at least.

No, I am not jumping on you. I don't care about your arguments about ME and Uncharted.   We are talking numbers here. I am intereted on where did you see it or find it.  You should be basing it on factual evidence. That piqued my interest. That's why I asked where did you find the numbers for it.

One fact Uncharted 4 already shipped over 8 million copies ( I forgot the month ) so the 5 millon bundles is a bit of exaggeration don't you think? 

10 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#17 NiS Grey (up 4)
#18 PS4 UC4 (down 2)
#44 NES (down 5)
#50 NiS Neon (up 7)
#97 XB1 Battlefield (down 5)
#100 XB1 Minecraft (down 3)

SOFTWARE**:
#05 NiS Mario Kart 8 Delux (up 2)
#09 PS4 MLB The Show 2017 (up 3)
#11 PS4 FF XII Zodiac Age (down 1)
#15 PS4 Kingdom Hearsts Remix (up 5)
#16 PS4 Persona 5 SBE (up 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20:**

PS4: 1 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

Bandorr said:
hudsoniscool said:

"While true that mass effect hasn't been a huge franchise it's not fair comparing it to a series that got around 5 million sales from bundles"

The "around" makes it sound like the number isn't certain - but it is around that area. One that you would need a source for.

Otherwise you are just guessing. Yet no where in your statement did you state you were guessing, assuming, or estimating.

Thus your statement sounded like an unequivocal statement.

There is a large difference between "I think since the series has been bundled alot it is around 5 million" and "the series is around 5 million sales".

One makes it clear you are estimating/guessing and one comes off as an attempt at a fact.

when I use the word around in that context it mean it could be less than, equal to, or more than 5 million. Hence I do not know... thus guessing. I'll make sure that whenever I estimate/guess about anything Sony related that I state it's a guess/est. and not an 'attempt at a fact'. 

In this context definition of around is approximately 

the definition of approximately is roughly

i don't think I need a source to say something along those lines. I've been following game sales for 10 years and the series has been bundled a lot in that time(nothing wrong with that, great games). That's my source I guess

Anyway that's getting way off topic.  I hope andromeda keeps doing well on the charts. I know a lot of people out there want it and bioware in general to fail but I love their games and want them to succeed.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.