By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tag.

Around the Network
Ariakon said:
Jaicee said:
I have no doubt that Breath of the Wild will be among the top-selling games not only of March, but of the year overall. Having played a bunch of it this week, I say it deserves to! That said, I'm well into Neir: Automata right now and while I doubt it's going to sell nearly as well as Zelda or Horizon, there's no doubt in my mind that it nonetheless DESERVES TO! I'm actually starting to like Nier: Automata better than both of the other two!

I bought Nier and Nioh in the Target 2 for 1 sale (also got Ghost Recon) but Nier isn't scheduled to arrive until next week! I'm really eager to get my hands on it. Between it, Nioh, Horizon and Mass Effect, though, I am spending way more time and money than I should on these games, ha. 

And for those calling for a ps4 price cut (I think there's really only been one), it would be extremely worrying for Nintendo if they don't outsell the ps4 this month. The ps4 is likely going to do around 300k, and the Switch should really be up around 750k or 1 million or so. Besides, I don't think Sony really sees Nintendo as their competition when compared to Microsoft. The ps4 and Xbox One are much more similar than the ps4 and the Switch, which I think are distinct enough from one another to serve two groups of consumers without necessarily a gargantuan amount of overlap. I hope the Switch does very well, and don't see it hurting the ps4 in any way. 

Yeah i don't think the PS4 will be hurt by the Switch.  People talking about this and that potential trouble for Playstation and Switch are imo missing the actual brand in trouble: Xbox.  Sony has Nioh, Horizon, Nier, and Persona 5.  Nintendo has Dragon Quest VIII and Fire Emblem Echoes for 3DS and Zelda, Bomberman, Arms, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Splatoon not long after those plus other smaller support titles.  Microsoft has...Halo Wars 2 (shared with PC) and the cancelation of Scalebound for pretty much the first *half* of the year.  I know everyone will say, "But Scorpio!"  Yeah that won't help unless the Xbox brand has muscle behind it in the form of games.  Playstation got away with the Pro's initial usefulness being somewhat underwhelming because 1) PSVR and 2) the Playstation brand is red hot.  The Xbox brand is not red hot and Microsoft's current behavior is making it worse. 

Ariakon said:
Jaicee said:
I have no doubt that Breath of the Wild will be among the top-selling games not only of March, but of the year overall. Having played a bunch of it this week, I say it deserves to! That said, I'm well into Neir: Automata right now and while I doubt it's going to sell nearly as well as Zelda or Horizon, there's no doubt in my mind that it nonetheless DESERVES TO! I'm actually starting to like Nier: Automata better than both of the other two!

I bought Nier and Nioh in the Target 2 for 1 sale (also got Ghost Recon) but Nier isn't scheduled to arrive until next week! I'm really eager to get my hands on it. Between it, Nioh, Horizon and Mass Effect, though, I am spending way more time and money than I should on these games, ha. 

And for those calling for a ps4 price cut (I think there's really only been one), it would be extremely worrying for Nintendo if they don't outsell the ps4 this month. The ps4 is likely going to do around 300k, and the Switch should really be up around 750k or 1 million or so. Besides, I don't think Sony really sees Nintendo as their competition when compared to Microsoft. The ps4 and Xbox One are much more similar than the ps4 and the Switch, which I think are distinct enough from one another to serve two groups of consumers without necessarily a gargantuan amount of overlap. I hope the Switch does very well, and don't see it hurting the ps4 in any way. 

Largely I would agree with this, but duly note that weird people like me who buy everything exist too. :P

pitzy272 said:
So I think MLB is gonna do really well this month. I think it could do as much as double what it normally does FW. It's been in the top 100 on Amazon for a while now. And I recently looked at the top 50 on Gamestop's website and there were 3 different SKU's there.

i really don't see how a yearly franchise would double it's FW sales all of a sudden

it will probably do similar to whatever it normally soes

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#18 PS4 UC4 (same)
#20 NiS Grey (down 1)
#42 NiS Neon (up 4)
#64 XB1 Battlefield (up 7)
#66 NES (up 2)
#69 XB1 Minecraft (up 4)

SOFTWARE:

#37 PS4 MLB The Show 2017 (up 1)
#43 PS4 Kingdom Hearsts Remix (up 2)

Does not affect this month:
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20
: *

PS4:
1 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:
  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
celador said:
pitzy272 said:
So I think MLB is gonna do really well this month. I think it could do as much as double what it normally does FW. It's been in the top 100 on Amazon for a while now. And I recently looked at the top 50 on Gamestop's website and there were 3 different SKU's there.

i really don't see how a yearly franchise would double it's FW sales all of a sudden

it will probably do similar to whatever it normally soes

Retro Mode, duh. 

Nuvendil said:
Ariakon said:

Yeah i don't think the PS4 will be hurt by the Switch.  People talking about this and that potential trouble for Playstation and Switch are imo missing the actual brand in trouble: Xbox.  Sony has Nioh, Horizon, Nier, and Persona 5.  Nintendo has Dragon Quest VIII and Fire Emblem Echoes for 3DS and Zelda, Bomberman, Arms, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Splatoon not long after those plus other smaller support titles.  Microsoft has...Halo Wars 2 (shared with PC) and the cancelation of Scalebound for pretty much the first *half* of the year.  I know everyone will say, "But Scorpio!"  Yeah that won't help unless the Xbox brand has muscle behind it in the form of games.  Playstation got away with the Pro's initial usefulness being somewhat underwhelming because 1) PSVR and 2) the Playstation brand is red hot.  The Xbox brand is not red hot and Microsoft's current behavior is making it worse. 

Switch  wont  hurt sony, it doesn't  have  enough  games.

Also you forgot. 

Yakuza 0

Gravity rush 2

Gran  turismo 

God of war

Detroit 

Dreams

Deaths stranding 

Crash  bandicoot 

Ys8

Fate extella

Tokyo xanuda explus

Days gone

Wipeout  omega. 

....and many,many,many many more

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Jaicee said:

Largely I would agree with this, but duly note that weird people like me who buy everything exist too. :P

True, normally I'm one of those people, but I've really only had time for the ps4 so far this gen. I'm thinking of picking up a Switch once a few more games come out, as well. 

xl-klaudkil said:
Nuvendil said:

Switch  wont  hurt sony, it doesn't  have  enough  games.

Also you forgot. 

Yakuza 0

Gravity rush 2

Gran  turismo 

God of war

Detroit 

Dreams

Deaths stranding 

Crash  bandicoot 

Ys8

Fate extella

Tokyo xanuda explus

Days gone

Wipeout  omega. 

....and many,many,many many more

I was speaking of early launches, not the whole year.  The italics do not fall into that category.  If I was talking all year and further combined, the Switch has a pretty dang solid exclusive lineup for a platform's first year and even has some big deals beyond that.

I was also highlighting MAJOR releases, the bolded do not  count for that.  Not talking quality, talking impact.  If I was going to list every single solitary exclusive or console exclusive, I would have done so and listed all the little things like Snipperclips, 1,2, Switch, FAST RMX, Blaster Master Zero, SteamWorld Dig 2, Runner 3, etc etc etc.  But I wasn't.  So I didn't. 

I don't think it's the lack of exclusives on Switch that makes it not a threat to PS4, it's the sheer strenght of the Playstation brand, their dominance in 3rd party sales, and the exclusives lineup they have.  The lack of those things is why I say Xbox is in real trouble this year if they don't do something.  And their small E3 presence sure isn't instilling confidence.

Nintendos Switch #14 and Playstation 4 #15.
Its a close race between these two, since the launch of the switch.

The pre-orders will make the Switch win the month Im sure though.