By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - More Americans died in Chicago than in the Iraq & Afghanistan wars combined

Cleveland, St Loius, Chicago, Detroit
a few examples of crime ridden, shitty violent cities with a majority black population.
Do I think it's a race problem? Hell no.
It's a culture problem

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
JRPGfan said:

The police would keep theirs.

But not haveing to fear getting shot nearly as much, would mean they in turn would be less likely to shoot anyone.

If they have guns, they're going to use them. There'd be no point in having them otherwise.

They'll use them when necessary (e.g. someone charging at an officer with a knife). JRPGfan makes a valid point because guns have range. Physical weapons have limited range that requires an attacker to get in close vincinity to cause harm.

Kerotan said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'd say that inequality is a bigger problem. I'm not too keen on the police having a monopoly on guns when there are so many cases of police brutality and police shootings.

Take the guns off them too.  From the very creation of the American state neither regular Street police or citizens should have been allowed guns.  

Works in ireland.  I pity what America has become. 

Works In  Ireland? u mm my what about like the IRA and shit?

palou said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, like the police would willingly give up their guns.

In the UK, the civil police gave up their guns.

In denmark I dont think all police carry either... but I mean, its the US, they have so many guns in circulation there already.

irstupid said:
crissindahouse said:
With around 16000 homicides a year in USA and a crazy amount in some cities, I'm always surprised to read about the dangerous state Germany is in right now according to some American politicians and "reporters"

The size is insanely different. There is what 80 mil in Germany, and 320 million USA. So just statistically, the US should have like 4x the amount of homicides as Germany.  Don't know what germany has.

Homicides in a Year: 

USA: 3.9 per 100 000 inhabitants, 12 250 total;

Germany: 0.9 per 100 000 inhabitants, 715 total.

So yes, Germany is much safer.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network

Not surprising since the USA has the highest homicide rate in the developed world.

VGPolyglot said:
JRPGfan said:

The police would keep theirs.

But not haveing to fear getting shot nearly as much, would mean they in turn would be less likely to shoot anyone.

If they have guns, they're going to use them. There'd be no point in having them otherwise.

If someone is dumb enough to charge a police officer with a knife, they can shoot them in the leg, shoulder ect.

If someone has a gun to pull on a police officer, that guy has no choice but to shoot to kill (its self defense for the cop).

By non police not haveing weapons, police leathal shootings would go way down.

JRPGfan said:
VGPolyglot said:

If someone is dumb enough to charge a police officer with a knife, they can shoot them in the leg, shoulder ect.

If someone has a gun to pull on a police officer, that guy has no choice but to shoot to kill (its self defense for the cop).

I believe it is illegal for cops to shoot someone without the intent to kill. If the cop shoots the criminal just to injure him, the criminal will be able to sue the cop for medical expense. 

Aura7541 said:
VGPolyglot said:

They'll use them when necessary (e.g. someone charging at an officer with a knife). JRPGfan makes a valid point because guns have range. Physical weapons have limited range that requires an attacker to get in close vincinity to cause harm.

They don't just shoot people running at them, they also shoot at people running away from them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1173602/GRAPHIC-Charleston-cop-fatally-shoots-man-runs-away.html

And even if most cops don't do it, many black people will still know that it does happen and will be scared and instinctively try to flee.

JRPGfan said:
VGPolyglot said:

This is stupid. Really stupid. If you're own life or someone else's life is at imminent danger, You don't try and aim for small limbs like arms or legs, ( or head)  You aim for the main  point of impact ie the Chest. End of. Always.