By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda WiiU : " An Incredible advertising for Switch version " , reports of serious framerate problems among other things

bonzobanana said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Nintendo should have bit the hookshot and canceled the Wii U version. Yes, they would have angered fans, but they would sell more Switch's that way. A gimped, bad frame rate Zelda makes Nintendo look bad.

Well the Switch version seems to have frame rate issues in docked mode perhaps they should have cancelled that version as well. Anyway Nintendo owes it's wii u userbase this game even if it does slow down here and there. I'm confident, in fact certain I will enjoy it on my wii u.

When you place the Switch unit in the dock, the Zelda cartridge will automatically be ejected from the system, violently.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network
SonytendoAmiibo said:
bonzobanana said:

Well the Switch version seems to have frame rate issues in docked mode perhaps they should have cancelled that version as well. Anyway Nintendo owes it's wii u userbase this game even if it does slow down here and there. I'm confident, in fact certain I will enjoy it on my wii u.

When you place the Switch unit in the dock, the Zelda cartridge will automatically be ejected from the system, violently.

LOL

Alternatively a few touch screen controls but I actually meant the game itself rather than preventing use in the dock. 

Asriel said:
I'd be interested to know how Gamekult are playing the Wii U version. Are they using a download code from Nintendo? Are they using a disc with the 3GB install, or a disc version without the install? Now that I think about it, does the 3GB data install from the disc, or is it downloaded from the eShop ala Xenoblade X? All of these factors will alter the performance of the final Wii U version. If you want the best performance, you'd be better off downloading and running Zelda from Wii U's internal memory.

Yes, these are the important questions!

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Nintendo should have bit the hookshot and canceled the Wii U version. Yes, they would have angered fans, but they would sell more Switch's that way. A gimped, bad frame rate Zelda makes Nintendo look bad.

I would never buy a switch. Just because of that.

I figured if the game is only 900p on the Switch either the Wii U version is sub 720p or there must be serious framerate issues.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Poor WiiU, never had a chance, like a innocent on death row he sits, day and night, waiting for his unfair ending. Looking at the wall, forgoten, trying not to think...

The game runs fine, is just an Aerys thread, WiiU is dying with a masterpice, that's an honorable deadIt is

It is like the Dreamcast! =(

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

This guy in Reddit claims the frame rate it's not so bad, that it only becomes intolerable during certain weather conditions and when in crowded areas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5wh07r/botw_ama_wiiu/

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Faelco said:
Kiria said:
I don't know.
Doubting them.
1 : the guy who said this isn't the one making the review of it and like, stared at someone's screen.
2 : Gamekult. lol These guys always underscore games.

The one making the review is playing the Switch version. That guy talking about the Wii U version is playing the Wii U version. 

Still a very anti-Nintendo site.

Kiria said:
Faelco said:

The one making the review is playing the Switch version. That guy talking about the Wii U version is playing the Wii U version. 

Still a very anti-Nintendo site.

Gamekult, anti Nintendo? Nice joke! :D They are harsh to everything, especially AAA games, but not harsher at all to Nintendo (users usually complain more about "anti-Microsoft" reviews). One of them was practically praying in front of the Switch when they received it. And they're also the ones who had the exclusive and very friendly interview with the Nintendo France director last week...  

JRPGfan said:
On Neogaf they where saying its juttery enough that they think they should have gone for a 20fps lock for the Wii U version.

But Neogaf is a joke, everything on PS4 is a masterpiece and works perfect (even No Man Sky lol), but outside that everything is shit, rinse and repeat.

I rather judge my eyes and we have hours of footage of the WiiU version, the game is running fine. Judge it for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsciL21R9bk

Also, from reddit:

-You mentioned frame rate dips during intense weather and fights. Does this only occur when there are many enemies, or with just one?

-Many enemies. And it doesn't happen much luckily!

From Edge: 

- Is a bit uneven and has some drops but never when it matters

Yeah, is not looking catastrophic and certainly is not looking like they should have locked at 20fps, that's just trolling.