By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch games are not all TV compatible (VOEZ)

Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

It might be a great game, but the Switch is not a hybrid now. Its a handheld that can play most of the games on a TV.

What kind of terrible logic is that? xD I cannot understad how would anybody reach that conclusion

Well its a hybrid thats not very good at what it is then...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

What kind of terrible logic is that? xD I cannot understad how would anybody reach that conclusion

One game being portable only will not necessarily create a trend for more portable-only games over hybrid games and vice versa for TV-only games. Nintendo provided a system that is flexible in creating a variety of games that can be played in a variety of ways. Traditional, on-the-go, using HD Rumble, IR motion controls, tabletop, handheld, online, LAN, etc. It's up to the developers to decide how they want their games to be played.

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But still a hybrid nonetheless..

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I don't even know where to begin, the fact that you actually belive what you are saying has me speachless

Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

I don't even know where to begin, the fact that you actually belive what you are saying has me speachless

Well the Switchs selling point is that you can play on your TV and then continue on just the Switch. Thats not true with every game now. So what we was told it is, isnt true anymore.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Was afraid this would be the case. Well its officially a handheld now.

Its a touch screen based game. Its like trying to play Pokemon Go on your TV........ 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
KLXVER said:
Was afraid this would be the case. Well its officially a handheld now.

Its a touch screen based game. Its like trying to play Pokemon Go on your TV........ 

So maybe the game isnt suited for the Switch then.

RolStoppable said:
Faelco said:

Not the thread I was talking about, but fine, if you're ready to go read posts from September 2015....

So, once again, try to read the threads, it will be better.

The subject there was the micro-transactions being Pay To Win or not for the online multiplayer of The Last of Us. I said that the micro-transactions were here to pay for the developers managing the multiplayer after the release of the game, and that as a player I didn't find the micro-transactions to be Pay To Win.

And I took MK8 as another example of multiplayer mode evolving after release and selling those evolutions. (EDIT: Oh, I get it now! For you, saying "What Sony and Nintendo are both doing is perfectly fine" is being an anti-Nintendo hater because I dare putting Nintendo together with Sony! Yeah, right, I'm the one not being objective here...)

My conclusion was this:

You're right, I'm a dangerous fanatic using "It would be better if it was free" and "I trust them, maybe I'll be wrong". 

You can continue like this, you're only showing that I'm the one here using pros and cons and nuancing my posts... But now, what does this have to do with anything about the Switch? Or are you just searching 1 and a half year old threads trying to find a "Ah, you were wrong back then!" moment as an argument to prove that I'm wrong now? (and wrong about what exactly?) That would be a great argument, for sure...

Could we get back on topic now?

You don't seem to realize what a double standard is. It means to condemn the actions of one company while condoning the same or worse actions from another company. Here is your reaction from the Breath of the Wild expansion pass thread:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8300139

You weren't as gentle as with your reaction to ND's practices. Not even remotely close. Nobody is going to think of you as someone who says "what Sony and Nintendo are both doing is perfectly fine."

There's no reason to return the topic, because everything has already been said. A tiny percentage of games that won't work in home console mode do not harm the hybrid concept of Switch. The same applies vice versa. 1-2-Switch and Just Dance 2017 have been mentioned as games that don't work in handheld mode.

I responded to you this way because you wanted to talk about yourself.

Can't you just put the game in kickstand mode? 

KLXVER said:
Jranation said:

Yeah. Dont even know how it got there. Not sure if Nintendo talked about porting smartphone games on the Switch. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah. Dont even know how it got there. Not sure if Nintendo talked about porting smartphone games on the Switch. 

Nintendo will just say yes to anyone. No matter how it will make their system look.