By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch games are not all TV compatible (VOEZ)

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yes, but again, literally 0 reason for make it hanheld only, you are losing the point, Pokemon doesn't need to use the multi touch screen of switch.

0 reasons of not putting mainline Pokemon games on the WiiU VC either, but here we are.

That at least requires an effort, to input the game from Switch to TV not.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

0 reasons of not putting mainline Pokemon games on the WiiU VC either, but here we are.

What effort? They ported every other Pokemon game to the WiiU VC. The GBA ones would be very easy to add.

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You still don't understand anything.

No, Pokemon will not be portable only because it doesn't need to be portable only, simple as that, to input the game on your TV from your switch doesn't take more development or money, the console does it by default, VOEZ has the TV mode restridted purely because that game cannot be played on the TV, literally cannot, at least you ruin the gameplay.

Depends on what Pokemon game they make. They need to get them out quick. We wont get a big AAA Pokemon on the Switch. Releasing 1 mainline Pokemon every 3-4 years just doesnt make sense. They would miss out on a ton of money. It will probably be like the 3DS ones. It will look better of course. I think releasing it only for the handheld part could make people forgive them for not making the game like a big home console game.

There apparently has been a demand for a mainline home console Pokemon game for years so I'm not sure if I'd be worried about missing out on money if I were GF. If fans have been waiting for such a game, I'm sure they'll do whatever it takes to get their hands on that said game if it's developed. 

Kai_Mao said:
KLXVER said:

Depends on what Pokemon game they make. They need to get them out quick. We wont get a big AAA Pokemon on the Switch. Releasing 1 mainline Pokemon every 3-4 years just doesnt make sense. They would miss out on a ton of money. It will probably be like the 3DS ones. It will look better of course. I think releasing it only for the handheld part could make people forgive them for not making the game like a big home console game.

There apparently has been a demand for a mainline home console Pokemon game for years so I'm not sure if I'd be worried about missing out on money if I were GF. If fans have been waiting for such a game, I'm sure they'll do whatever it takes to get their hands on that said game if it's developed. 

There has been demand for many years. Nintendo just dont seem to want to make it.

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

What effort? They ported every other Pokemon game to the WiiU VC. The GBA ones would be very easy to add.

Trading, battling with friends, etc. we're built based on their respective hardware at the time. I'm sure trying to implement that particular system in the VC versions of Red, Blue, and Yellow weren't easy (but I'm not a programmer so what do I know :P).

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Kai_Mao said:

There has been demand for many years. Nintendo just dont seem to want to make it.

It's ultimately up to Game Freak, not Nintendo. I'm sure you know how the ownership of that particular property works.

Kai_Mao said:
KLXVER said:

Trading, battling with friends, etc. we're built based on their respective hardware at the time. I'm sure trying to implement that particular system in the VC versions of Red, Blue, and Yellow weren't easy (but I'm not a programmer so what do I know :P).

The WiiU has online, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Kai_Mao said:
KLXVER said:

It's ultimately up to Game Freak, not Nintendo. I'm sure you know how the ownership of that particular property works.

Well Game Freak doesnt want to make it then. I dont know how much say nintendo has in the making of Pokemon. Miyamoto recently said he had a hand in making the first ones, so I dont know.