By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What stops Trucks & headmods from migrating the userbase to a new website?

RolStoppable said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea this is getting to the level of being unusable. I m seriously considering joining another site to get my daily discussions cause the thing is, we can still view the numbers but we would now have a stable site.

I'd like to know what is causing the issue tho. Is it really poor coding? Cause the years I have been here, this type of nonsense only happened during e3. Please fix it...

Gamewise is causing the issue. VGC imports some data from Gamewise, but Gamewise has been down rather frequently lately, so VGC pages don't load because the server is dealing with too many requested pages that contain Gamewise packages. I guess if everyone on VGC would only browse the forums, we'd have a lot less problems, but I don't really know how and where VGC and Gamewise are intertwined. I suspect that it's first and foremost concerning the game database.

VGC going down during E3 is simply a matter of an overloaded server that can't handle the increase in traffic. We've experienced something similar in the week after the Switch presentation when VGC became frequently unavailable during its peak times, namely the timeframe when the majority of Europeans and Americans are online at the same time.

So, basically, Gamewise is doing what it was intended to do: replace and kill off VGChartz?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea this is getting to the level of being unusable. I m seriously considering joining another site to get my daily discussions cause the thing is, we can still view the numbers but we would now have a stable site.

I'd like to know what is causing the issue tho. Is it really poor coding? Cause the years I have been here, this type of nonsense only happened during e3. Please fix it...

Gamewise is causing the issue. VGC imports some data from Gamewise, but Gamewise has been down rather frequently lately, so VGC pages don't load because the server is dealing with too many requested pages that contain Gamewise packages. I guess if everyone on VGC would only browse the forums, we'd have a lot less problems, but I don't really know how and where VGC and Gamewise are intertwined. I suspect that it's first and foremost concerning the game database.

VGC going down during E3 is simply a matter of an overloaded server that can't handle the increase in traffic. We've experienced something similar in the week after the Switch presentation when VGC became frequently unavailable during its peak times, namely the timeframe when the majority of Europeans and Americans are online at the same time.

It's the forums that are down for me most of the time though. Though the main page used to be the main culprit, lately (that is, as recent as yesterday) the main page will be slow, articles will be fine and the forums basically unusable.

Not sure what's going on there, but I'd be happy if the site was actually responding.

Yeah, it's gotten to where I'm learning website building and such. I will not discuss anything further on that matter. Anyway, the forum here exists even with all the shit that goes on because it has something most forums lack. A community where everyone is (for the most part) at least aquainted with each other

StarOcean said:
Yeah, it's gotten to where I'm learning website building and such. I will not discuss anything further on that matter. Anyway, the forum here exists even with all the shit that goes on because it has something most forums lack. A community where everyone is (for the most part) at least aquainted with each other

Well, that's because there's so few of us, when there's only a small but dedicated userbase it's much easier for us to remember each other.

Maybe it's a good thing we can't use this site on mobile. Gotta let go of the discussion sometimes.

Around the Network

VGChartz IS the Senate!

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Haven't really used any of the other forums yet, but with the ways things are going, vgc won't be usable for the most part and would be unworth it :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

snyps said:
Maybe it's a good thing we can't use this site on mobile. Gotta let go of the discussion sometimes.

I only get to use it on mobile devices these days.

Ka-pi96 said:
LurkerJ said:

If Jay was successful in his attempt I still wouldn't have used his website. His contributions aren't missed. Also, knowing him, any forums under his regain would suck, another slap to his face is more than welcomed

As for buying out vgchartz, it requires everyone to use an adblock so that it becomes more expensive to maintain. It's an option, but it won't solve the issue of the silly "z" in "Vgchartz", or the ridiculously missing "e" from "gamrconnet"

Same, although I do miss him. But the point was it would still make the mods massive hypocrites...

Not really, no. Jaywood didn't do much to maintain this website or shape its discussions. Unlike the head mods who worked tirelessly behind the scenes for years without getting paid, that included web development, bug fixes, updating the charts and moderating the forums. The userbase stuck around because of those efforts.