By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What stops Trucks & headmods from migrating the userbase to a new website?

Gametrailers.com looked even bareboned after the move to a new site. It dropped a lot of features which are still present on this site.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Well, I'll stay here as long as two criteria are met:
1. There's still an active userbase
2. The site actually works

The #2 has not really been met recently, and it's very annoying not being able to access the site so frequently.

Peh said:
Gametrailers.com looked even bareboned after the move to a new site. It dropped a lot of features which are still present on this site.

So are you supporting my point or are you against? I don't know the story behind GT.

It was nice knowing you LurkerJ.

Machina said:
There are no numbers? FeelsBadMan Gun

Awh we appreciate your hard work.

Around the Network

It requires a lot of organization to do it successfully, and I doubt there's enough interest for that. Personally I'm ready to jump ship as soon as a viable option appears, but it doesn't seem like one is going to happen any time soon. For the most part, this site really doesn't deserve its users (anymore - it did deserve them in the past): It's dated, unstable, and insecure. But there's a great atmosphere here, thanks to the rules and mods that keep the tone mostly civil, and the active userbase. Really, the mods here are doing a great job overall in my opinion!

Machina said:
There are no numbers? FeelsBadMan Gun

That part was poorly phrased. VGC went through prolonged periods of time in which we didn't get numbers, but the userbase stuck around anyway. What I am trying to say is; the members are mainly here because of the discussion environment created by the mods, whether they realise it or not.

I appreciate what you do, and I defended you on multiple occasions. Apologies if I offended you.

So it's treason, then?

i just learnt about this vizioneck website..
it looks like there is a lot of older VGchartz users there and even current ones?
is it good? this site i love because of the numbers but its so broken

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

Ka-pi96 said:
Well apart from the fact that that would be a huge slap in the face to Jay who got permabanned for advertising a site that I still don't think exists yet... there's also the issue that a lot of users wouldn't leave (including me most likely).

Would make more sense for somebody to just buy out the site. Surely ioi can't value it that much anymore, whoever is in contact with him should just be like "how much do you want for it?" then we can have a VGC buyout kickstarter or something

If Jay was successful in his attempt I still wouldn't have used his website. His contributions aren't missed. Also, knowing him, any forums under his regain would suck, another slap to his face is more than welcomed

As for buying out vgchartz, it requires everyone to use an adblock so that it becomes more expensive to maintain. It's an option, but it won't solve the issue of the silly "z" in "Vgchartz", or the ridiculously missing "e" from "gamrconnet"