By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What stops Trucks & headmods from migrating the userbase to a new website?

merman said:
i just learnt about this vizioneck website..
it looks like there is a lot of older VGchartz users there and even current ones?
is it good? this site i love because of the numbers but its so broken

Visioneck is pretty much a serious version of the SDF.

Around the Network
Libara said:
merman said:
i just learnt about this vizioneck website..
it looks like there is a lot of older VGchartz users there and even current ones?
is it good? this site i love because of the numbers but its so broken

Visioneck is pretty much a serious version of the SDF.

what is SDF?

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

Bandorr said:
merman said:

what is SDF?

Acronym. "Sony Defense Force"

IE another way of saying "Sony Fan boys".

i did see alot of Horizon photos there XD

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

May I suggest the 5th of November as the date in which the plan to move to another website begins ?

VIVA LA REVOLUCION

Around the Network

I just use this and GAF. Though the shit coding on this site is really pissing me off.

The ads I can live with, but the constant page jumps is unforgivable. Same with the huge latency.

Ka-pi96 said:
Well apart from the fact that that would be a huge slap in the face to Jay who got permabanned for advertising a site that I still don't think exists yet... there's also the issue that a lot of users wouldn't leave (including me most likely).

Would make more sense for somebody to just buy out the site. Surely ioi can't value it that much anymore, whoever is in contact with him should just be like "how much do you want for it?" then we can have a VGC buyout kickstarter or something

I've asked ioi if he would consider selling it to me before but he didn't reply :(

LurkerJ said:

Avoid using a "Z" instead of an "s" though. We are not kidz and it'z not kool anymore.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Machina said:
LurkerJ said:

That part was poorly phrased. VGC went through prolonged periods of time in which we didn't get numbers, but the userbase stuck around anyway. What I am trying to say is; the members are mainly here because of the discussion environment created by the mods, whether they realise it or not.

I appreciate what you do, and I defended you on multiple occasions. Apologies if I offended you.

Wasn't offended it was just a bit of a baffling statement, since I try to post one set of charts a week, spread over a few days. The last time there were no figures was around xmas time because I was waiting for Brett on something and he was away, but aside from those exceptions things are fairly stable on the numbers front. Also now that we're in charge of the HW those figures are being posted on a regular basis now too.

I edited that bit out because it's flat-out inaccurate, not just misphrased. If vgc was mobile friendly, I would've done it sooner

Yea this is getting to the level of being unusable. I m seriously considering joining another site to get my daily discussions cause the thing is, we can still view the numbers but we would now have a stable site.

I'd like to know what is causing the issue tho. Is it really poor coding? Cause the years I have been here, this type of nonsense only happened during e3. Please fix it...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850