By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EDGE conclusion of review of Zelda BotW

Sure, better than them becoming 3rd party.

Around the Network

Meh. If it was really that revoutionary, they would talk about it entirely on its own merits, and not mention Ocarina of Time.

JWeinCom said:
Hiku said:

What are the reasons for the hatred towards FFX you've read?
For example in FF8's case the Draw System is often referenced. For FFVII plot holes and characters. For XIII the extrem linearity. Etc.

FFX is also pretty linear.  Also, many find Tidus annoying.  There were also some growing pains with it being a cinematic game, with some scenes being very cringeworthy.  HAHAHA!

I love FFX. Maybe more as FF7. But defenitly same lvl for ME.

Fei-Hung said:
Nogamez said:

i know what you mean, but well, many do view LOZ as the greatest game series. i would put LOZ and GTA next to each other. NO other series even comes close for me, not RE, FF. in 20 years we may be able to add TLOU franchie and maybe RDR time will tell.

I wouldn't put GTA anywhere near Zelda. GTA to date hasn't been able to nail a single gameplay mechanic. Not fighting, platforming, shooting, driving and or flying. Most secondary quests have been boring and repetitive. 

Zelda on the other hand has had amazing combat, horse riding, variety of quests, much better exploration and pretty much nailed most of not all implemented gameplay mechanics. 

GTA is like CoD, it's sells on brand power and marketing more than quality of the game itself. 

Rant over :p 

Ummm, nope....COD and especially GTA sell well because these games are so accessible to everyone. You can play for 5 min, 10 min....30 min....an hour, or a few hours whatever. Pick up and play, have a bit of fun and that's that. You don't have to be too committed to the games in order to have fun with them. There are people who play GTAV just to goof around in the world and not even go through the actual story.

Podings said:
Meh. If it was really that revoutionary, they would talk about it entirely on its own merits, and not mention Ocarina of Time.

What does that even means? They are comparing it with he best of the saga based on its status of "best game ever", is not really a direct comparison of the game itself, this one is radically different, but it suggests is on the same level of excelence or even better.

Around the Network

Goodnightmoon said:

What does that even mean? They are comparing it with he best of the saga based on its status of "best game ever", is not really a direct comparison of the game itself, this one is radically different, but it suggests is on the same level of excelence or even better.

What I mean is that the previews of Ocarina of Time were on a completely different level. They weren't referencing back to previous entries. They were talking about why the game was something entirely new that people just had to play.

I'm not saying the game can't technically be better than Ocarina of Time without both inventing and reinventing wheels and whole genres. I'm saying it won't be as highly revered as that game if it doesn't instill the same sense of revolutionary wonder in the players.

I'm still going to play it and mostly likely love it.

Podings said:

Goodnightmoon said:

What does that even mean? They are comparing it with he best of the saga based on its status of "best game ever", is not really a direct comparison of the game itself, this one is radically different, but it suggests is on the same level of excelence or even better.

What I mean is that the previews of Ocarina of Time were on a completely different level. They weren't referencing back to previous entries. They were talking about why the game was something entirely new that people just had to play.

I challenge you to find one preview of Ocarina of Time that supports what you're saying.

IsawYoshi said:

I challenge you to find one preview of Ocarina of Time that supports what you're saying.

I don't expect you do trust me on my word, of course, but that's the way I remember it.  I was 13 at the time, and people were pretty damn hyped. People playing the first few hours said it was unlike anything they had played before. But as there really wasn't much internet around at the time, and I don't have my old magazines anymore, I don't have adequate means of proving anything to you.

Podings said:
IsawYoshi said:

I don't expect you do trust me on my word, of course, but that's the way I remember it.  I was 13 at the time, and people were pretty damn hyped. People playing the first few hours said it was unlike anything they had played before. But as there really wasn't much internet around at the time, and I don't have my old magazines anymore, I don't have adequate means of proving anything to you.

But 3d gaming was like a brand new experience back then, and really I can't like see where games can go from this point on really except shinier graphics. 

I'm actually insanely hyped for this game.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros