By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales- Switch Year 1 vs 3DS and Wii U

zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:
Chris1964 on resetera just posted that 2 of the trackers , famitsu and dengeki were not impressed with Pokemon performance. I guess it wasn't just me to "downplay" it then.

Doesnt really make sense considering it did better than Crystal, Emerald & Platinum but under Yellow & Black 2/White 2.

Basically sold right about the average for expansions/sequels.

"After Media Create neither Dengeki is impresed with US/UM opening. Low sell-through at 70% in combination with raw numbers don't inspire confidence, holidays will determine LTD." 

@green you don't think comments by the official trackers carry any merit? Wow. 

Around the Network
Green098 said:
zorg1000 said:

Doesnt really make sense considering it did better than Crystal, Emerald & Platinum but under Yellow & Black 2/White 2.

Exactly, for what was a bit of an expansion of an already existing game it outsold Dragon Quest XI 3DS's first week in Japan an entirely new game build from the ground up. I don't see how Famitsu and Dengeki saying something gives it anymore merit.

Maybe they were expecting Black 2/White 2 numbers (1.5 million) but that would be stupid considering Sun/Moon did quite a bit lower than Black/White so no reason to expect their direct sequels to have a different result.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

"After Media Create neither Dengeki is impresed with US/UM opening. Low sell-through at 70% in combination with raw numbers don't inspire confidence, holidays will determine LTD." 

No and when you say that such a low budget game which had one of the best opening weeks in Japan in 2017 had bad sales then it must be quite the insult to all the games that did below it, which is basically all of them. I think Dragon Quest XI only beats it and that's after having to combine both the 3DS and PS4 versions.

Japan's video game business must be performing terribly and in a very dire situation indeed from what they think.

Tracker's merit is in their figures, not their opinions. If USUM did bad according to them, then so did pretty much all the other games released in 2017 in Japan. Which is fine by me, it costed and took a 10th of the time of Dragon Quest XI PS4 and ended up selling more first week, didn't really need to do much more.

Guess 2017 in Japan just didn't have enough good competition to rival a revamp.

Last edited by Green098 - on 24 November 2017

Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

Not sure how that changes what i said......its right in line with what it should have done regardless of what the trackers thought.

First Week sales

Black/White-2.6 million

Black 2/White 2-1.6 million

Sun/Moon-1.9 million

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon-1.2 million

Both had a ~40% drop.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Sorry guys I seen Japan sales and thought this was the media create thread.

Around the Network

Tag.

Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

Itwould have been great if these official trackers also had the same opinions as to your previous posts..... :p 

And I agree with Green and Zorg. Definitely did better than what I was predicting from COMG numbers. And glad the 3DS did reach 40k. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

can we please not do this in this thread please!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
can we please not do this in this thread please!

It should be cleared up, Kerotan admitted he posted that in the wrong thread, he mistook this for the media create thread.

Retagging and hoping for an update of week 38 in the OP