By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NieR introduces controversial new PS4 feature - the ability to buy Trophies

Considering the circumstances in which you can buy the trophies it's not a bad idea.

Around the Network

Hopefully bought trophies are denoted. Put a "$" by it or something...

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

If it's in game money, that sounds fine but paying real money for trophies? Means you got way too much money in your hands for that kind of nonsense.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

edit: nvm, didnt read the whole article. silly me

More companies should do this to finally show how worthless and pointless they are.

Around the Network

kinda stupid right? I'm not a trophy hunter but I'm pretty sure the purpose of these things is to let you know that "hey, I'm very good at this game"

Acevil said:

Sweet I hope more companies do this so trophies are worthless as epenis and should be about completionist. (I chase trophies, but god is it worthless.)

I'm always glad when companies can find little ways to make money like this. It helps everyone in the company and it's completely optional and uncessary.

As long as the trophy description reflects this possibility, I'm fine with it. I'm sure it doesn't though.

You can only do this after the third playthrough, so I don't think it's a big deal.

I mean if you played through a game that many times, then you clearly love it, and are willing to pour hours into finding every little thing.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

As long as it isn't real-world money being exchanged, I'm fine with it.