By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump revokes Obama guidelines on transgender bathrooms

Ka-pi96 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Well to be fair...and I am just pointing this out here......it is a choice to be a transgender.....so would that be ignorant to say?

Mind you as a straight male I see it as to each his/her own and do as you please. But being a transgender is 99% of the time a choice that someone consciously makes.

I think when people refer to transgenders they are referring to people with the feeling they are "trapped in the wrong body". So in that sense, it's not really a choice. Whether they actually do anything about it however is of course a choice.

Really? Well then I am WAY out of the loop lol. I thought a transgender was someone that went out and had surgery and changed their body parts. So it is just someone who feels trapped in the wrong body whether they do something about it or not?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

So it's ok if they just use stalls then? More free urinals for you so you don't have to touch the dirty stalls.

I guess? But seeing them come in/out could still be awkward.

But you can't see their genitals then, so it's not awkward. You can just assume they have the "right" ones.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

We care about bathrooms again?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
We care about bathrooms again?

The president cares, so all of America should care. Must have something to do with national security.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Unless you're white, male, straight and middle aged there's no place for you in drumpf's amerikkka and all of your rights will be taken away one by one.

Around the Network

All I have to say is that I'm sure I've been in the bathroom with a transgender person before. I don't know when though because I've never turned my head at the urinal. If you're looking at the person next to you or peering over/under their stall then you're the pervert, not them.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

TheBlackNaruto said:
Peh said:
I don't really have an opinion on that, because I don't mind transgender.
But I feel the argument sterms from the same ignorant one which is : "it's a choice to be gay".

Well to be fair...and I am just pointing this out here......it is a choice to be a transgender.....so would that be ignorant to say?

Mind you as a straight male I see it as to each his/her own and do as you please. But being a transgender is 99% of the time a choice that someone consciously makes.

Well, I disagree with you.

http://www.ozy.com/pov/check-the-science-being-trans-is-not-a-choice/69726

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brynn-tannehill/the-choice-that-isnt_b_3574277.html

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2016/gender-lines-science-transgender-identity/

It's the same as it is not your or my choice to be heterosexual. We are just made that way.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Give'em their own bathrooms. This way the clowns can wait inside or outside of it and harass/beat them. Point them out an label them. Make them wear some sort of emblem so that we in society can tell them apart from everyone else. That's worked before, hasn't it?

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Why?

Because I don't think people should be able to walk in whichever bathroom they want just because they "feel" a certain way. Bathrooms (and certain other places) are separated by gender for a reason and "feelings" don't change those reasons.

Its gonna be super weird when that one guy dressed up and looking like a girl, enters the boys bath room though.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I think when people refer to transgenders they are referring to people with the feeling they are "trapped in the wrong body". So in that sense, it's not really a choice. Whether they actually do anything about it however is of course a choice.

Really? Well then I am WAY out of the loop lol. I thought a transgender was someone that went out and had surgery and changed their body parts. So it is just someone who feels trapped in the wrong body whether they do something about it or not?

Yep. That´s the point. Imagine a man that wants to use the woman´s bathroom just because he´s using women´s clothes, acessories and have a feminine personality.  Although all those measures, he´s still a man. 

If the person already passed through  surgical procedures, documents  replacement etc. then there´s nothing to discuss about. They just need to use the proper bathroom for "their current sexual situation".