By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump revokes Obama guidelines on transgender bathrooms

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Why?

Because I don't think people should be able to walk in whichever bathroom they want just because they "feel" a certain way. Bathrooms (and certain other places) are separated by gender for a reason and "feelings" don't change those reasons.

ka-pi are you comfortable peeing next to a random opposite sex?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Then I guess we should just transition into unisex bathrooms.

ugh, please no. My uni actually has one of them and it's just awkward! Much prefer using any of the other bathrooms there instead.

Plus unisex bathrooms means no urinal. And no urinal means having to touch gross toilet doors and seats.

Mine just has individual bathrooms, which both sexes can use (a comfortable, convenient and efficient solution, in my opinion, even if likely pricier.)

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

OK, then let transsexuals use the bathroom they want. It seems that you only want the option that will convenience you the most, but the question is why would you be so bothered if you saw a transsexual person in the same bathroom as you?

Because it would make me uncomfortable.

Why do they even want the option to go in either though? Just go in the one that aligns with their body.

They don't want the option to go in either, they want the right to go into the bathroom that they feel more comfortable in.

I'm a grown man who always has a knife or gun. I couldn't care less if any hypotetichal human being used the same bahroom as me. But our women deserve their own toilets.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

Why would you separate by excreting organ though? It's not like it's impossible for vaginas to use the men's room or the other way around.

Because going to the toilet around other people is an embarrassing thing to do and at if they are at least doing it the same way you are then it's much less embarrassing.

And I'm sure someone with a vagina could use a mens room, even the urinals but does anyone really want to see how big a mess that would make?

There are devices that prevent a mess.

So let's go through this and how akward it would be for everyone.

A man stands at a urinal. Then a transgender man walks into the bathroom and goes into one of the free stalls. They both do their business and wash their hands and leave the bathroom.

A woman is locked into her stall in the women's bathroom. A transgender woman walks into the bathroom and uses another stall. They both finish their business, wash their hands and then leave.

That sounds hella awkward! Let's to this with "normal" people now.

A man stands at a urinal. Then another man walks into the bathroom and goes into one of the free stalls. They both do their business and wash their hands and leave the bathroom.

A woman is locked into her stall in the women's bathroom. Another woman walks into the bathroom and uses another stall. They both finish their business, wash their hands and then leave.

Wow, you're right. Much less awkward.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I think this one is a good read!

http://www.upworthy.com/heres-what-itll-look-like-if-trans-people-arent-allowed-to-use-the-right-bathroom

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

OK, then let transsexuals use the bathroom they want. It seems that you only want the option that will convenience you the most, but the question is why would you be so bothered if you saw a transsexual person in the same bathroom as you?

Why do they even want the option to go in either though? Just go in the one that aligns with their body.

this are trans in their "biological" bathroom... are you going to be comfortable with this????? because they are not i am sure

VGPolyglot said:
Rogerioandrade said:
This is really confusing.

Imagine if a transgender man (i.e. a "woman") decides to go into a men´s bathroom. Or a trangender woman (i.e. a "man') decides to use a woman´s bathroom. As today a simple look can be considered sexual harassment, I can see people going nuts on lawsuits against any stranger that gives them a suspicious look when going into a bathroom.

This is the sorf of rule that doesn´t work at all. Public bathrooms are separeted exactly for avoid embarassing situations like that, besides sanitary purposes, as man and women have different bodies and different ways to deal with their physiological needs.

I think public places and stuff should have a separate bathroom for transgenders, as those that already exists for parents with children or for people with special needs. It would be simpler and avoid unecessary controversy

That will make discrimination against them even worse. I can already imagine someone with a gun going into a transgender bathroom and shooting everyone up in there.

I don´t think so. People who hate transgenders could do that anywhere.

Having their own bathrooms would actually be a sign of respect, showing them that people really care about them and their needs.

Ka-pi96 said:
aikohualda said:

ka-pi are you comfortable peeing next to a random opposite sex?

Of course not! Not saying I'm comfortable peeing next to a random same sex either, but it's significantly more preferable to opposite, as in I'd actually be willing to do it rather than just running away and finding somewhere else to pee.

So you check everyone's genitals first to know how comfortable you should feel?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

They don't want the option to go in either, they want the right to go into the bathroom that they feel more comfortable in.

Non-transgender people don´t have that option....