By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No family sharing in Switch for now

During a preview event that happened earlier this week for 1-2-Switch, Shinya Takahashi—Nintendo's entertainment planning & development general manager—took part in a Q&A session in which a fan asked if he'd be able to buy a game off the eShop once and play it on two different Switches. Here's what Takahashi said in response:

Currently we don't have a system like that in place for Nintendo Switch, but we haven't made any final decisions about how we would approach that going forward in the future, so unfortunately I can't provide any concrete answer for you right now.

Source

---

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Personally not caring.
The fact purchases are tied to the account and not the console is something I really needed.
Broke up and my ex couldn't get the Wii U games purchased from his account, just because the Wii U was mine.
Found that stupid, though I wouldn't have given my Wii U, they clearly hadn't think of this kind of life stuff.

So there isnt much difference from nintendo prev shitty system.. downloaded games locked to a user account, which is locked to one console at a time, and you'd have to transfer the user account over in order to transfer the games over.

The only difference now is that you dont need to system transfer every time. 

I was too quick to praise nintendo on the other thread

I called it. If even Sony and MS still can't handle rampant piracy from account shares in black markets, there's no way Nintendo would try it yet.

The reason I only buy one Nintendo home console every generation. Meanwhile 3 Xbox Ones (Plus two as gifts) 2 PS4s, 3 Xbox 360s (Plus 2 as gifts), 2 PS3s, etc...

Around the Network

Wasn't there another article claiming digital games would not be tied to hardware and instead to the Nintendo account?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

But if games are tied to an account whats to stop me from logging in to said account on 2 different Switches and downloading my games on both units??

ktay95 said:
But if games are tied to an account whats to stop me from logging in to said account on 2 different Switches and downloading my games on both units??

Hint: DRM

vivster said:
Wasn't there another article claiming digital games would not be tied to hardware and instead to the Nintendo account?

That's still the case, but they haven't defined how it'll handle titles between the devices.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Hmm, not great news but not too bad either :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]