By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a stronger switch-hardware with better battery/graphics?

2018:You want new switch-hardware with better accu/graphic?

Yes, 100 % !!!!!!!!! 84 38.18%

Yes, please *-* 35 15.91%

No.. 39 17.73%

No, because no money. 21 9.55%

No interest/not enough games 19 8.64%

see results 22 10.00%

Total:220

Nintendo have fucked up with switch. But the battery life isn't actually an issue, because most planes trains and automobiles have usb ports nowadays.

Around the Network
ManUtdFan said:
Nintendo have fucked up with switch. But the battery life isn't actually an issue, because most planes trains and automobiles have usb ports nowadays.

This is the only form factor that makes sense for Nintendo as a company in 2017. Don't give me that "just make a vanilla home box console". The time for that passed a loooooong ass time ago. That was never going to take. 

monocle_layton said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Okay, cool : )

good ideas. That sounds good and possible. Thanks for your comment :)

A bigger SD card.. yes, that would be nice. Maybe someday :) The price of the current switch is too high, the hardware weak - in my opinion. In 3 years, the graphics of game developers will be even stronger and 4k maybe standard. I'm looking forward to the games. On other consoles this year is a flood of games. Let's see if the switch gets enough games in the summer. The launch has far too few games (and too many ports). I really expected more after the wiiU was dropped quickly. The switch has less games than the WiiU to launch, right ? Maybe I am so negative, sorry. But I expect from Nintendo simply much more to bring my friends and me back. And a stronger switch with significantly more larger games would be fantastic for me.

Switch has bomberman, BotW, shovel knight, snipperclips, etc.

bomberman and snipperclips... are minigames. shovel knight and dragon quest heroes are really OLD ports. zelda is a wiiU/switch-game. in my opion, the wiiU has the better launch-games in the first weeks. and many more games. but if you like this games, okay - then have fun :) no problem :) i thank you for your opinion & throughts, its nice with you = ) what do you think about a switch pricecut this year - end of summer or winter ? 50 euro ?

KazumaKiryu said:
monocle_layton said:

bomberman and snipperclips... are minigames. shovel knight and dragon quest heroes are really OLD ports. zelda is a wiiU/switch-game. in my opion, the wiiU has the better launch-games in the first weeks. and many more games. but if you like this games, okay - then have fun :) no problem :) i thank you for your opinion & throughts, its nice with you = ) what do you think about a switch pricecut this year - end of summer or winter ? 50 euro ?

I'm not interested in bomberman, but snipperclips is more of a puzzle game than a mini game. Shovel knight is an old port, but it has all of the dlc rolled into one game. Zelda maybe in the wiiu, but the switch version is the better version. Besides twilight princess was on the gamecube and the wii. Does it make them not count aswell? The wiiu may have more games, but it had no system sellers at all. And after the launch came the drought of games.

KazumaKiryu said:
monocle_layton said:

People are happily purchasing the switch currently for 300. Nintendo shouldn't lose money by making a price cut as of now.

If sales plummet, then a $50 price cut will make a huge difference. It's the difference between an impulse buy and something you'll eventually get when you're able to. Otherwise, I see the switch being healthy for the next several months. We should see a $250 regular switch or a $299 switch with a game during holidays to boost sales.

Around the Network

Nintendo will make enough profit. I agree. The summer may be hard for the switch because of too few games, but with a price cut and the new games at the end of the year it will increase (strongly), @ monocle_layton :) Wish you a great weekend :)

I care most about battery life. Give me a die shrink to 16nm and a battery size increase to about 5800 mAh (~22 Watt-hours) and you have a deal (for $250).

Given that the online is paid for anyway, all I'll play on it will be JRPGs, so power is irrelevant as long as the platform is more powerful than the Wii U (in any case, this sort of makes it more powerful than a PS3, so *whistles*).

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

it is always hard to compare on a technical basis a home console/desktop against handheld/laptop. mobile technology would always be expensive against their desktop/home console part. hence $300 for a Switch is justified with what it has in terms of power.

hence there is a market that the wait and see group would get a more powered Switch. like how PS4 - PS4 Pro and X1 - Scorpio.