By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are We the Gamers underestimating 12Switch Potienal for the Causal Market?

I don´t think so..... That game seems so weird.

I´d like to try it first before jumping on conclusions, but I do think that the advertsiments we´ve seen won´t help much. This game many only find sucess with some good word-of-mouth, i.e., if people really enjoy it and start to putting videos on youtube of their gaming sessions and recommending it on blogs etc. Something  like  what happened with the first Just Dance.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Your thoughts on 12Switch overall?

Looks like crap... and at 60$? no thanks.

Basically my thoughts.

Darwinianevolution said:
1-2 Switch, I played with Wii Sports. I knew Wii Sports. Wii Sports was a game of mine. 1-2 Switch, you're no Wii Sports.

Yeah I dont see it doing as well as Wii Sports did.

Bandorr said:
Not even close.

Wii sports was a packed in title. Wii sports perfectly demonstrated the system. And? It was fun. It was the perfect game to get the "casual" people into the console. Plus if I recall correctly it could be played single player.

I still have no clue how people will even play Ping pong. The milking game is a 100% joke. If someone told they made it because they actually read someones shopping list - I'd believe them. They are desperate to pad out the list.

^ this.

Wii Sports was better suited for demonstration of the system.

I also think that alot of people remember what that was like on the Wii, and arnt as eager to follow it up again.

^ probably one of the better mini games.... but it looks like a joke.

The only reason to get this is to see your girlfriend do it for laughs :p

JRPGfan said:
tbone51 said:

Your thoughts on 12Switch overall?

Looks like crap... and at 60$? no thanks.

Basically my thoughts.

Darwinianevolution said:
1-2 Switch, I played with Wii Sports. I knew Wii Sports. Wii Sports was a game of mine. 1-2 Switch, you're no Wii Sports.

Yeah I dont see it doing as well as Wii Sports did.

Bandorr said:
Not even close.

Wii sports was a packed in title. Wii sports perfectly demonstrated the system. And? It was fun. It was the perfect game to get the "casual" people into the console. Plus if I recall correctly it could be played single player.

I still have no clue how people will even play Ping pong. The milking game is a 100% joke. If someone told they made it because they actually read someones shopping list - I'd believe them. They are desperate to pad out the list.

^ this.

Wii Sports was better suited for demonstration of the system.

I also think that alot of people remember what that was like on the Wii, and arnt as eager to follow it up again.

^ probably one of the better mini games.... but it looks like a joke.

The only reason to get this is to see your girlfriend do it for laughs :p

Can't help thinking looking at those images that analogue triggers would have benefitted it not simple contact buttons. Another oversight of Nintendo. 

Personally this would be my expression playing this game.

It looks allright. If it gets bundled, it will sell decently.

Maybe we are underestimating it, but I hope to god that we are not.  I want that...   thing..  to bomb hard, really hard.

Around the Network

The switch is essentially aimed at the same market as the WiiU, except that it might lure ds gamers over. If they attempt the casual market they will more than likely fail. ITs similar in vein to what Sony was trying to do with the vita and ps3 by being able to bring your console gaming on the go.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The switch is essentially aimed at the same market as the WiiU, except that it might lure ds gamers over. If they attempt the casual market they will more than likely fail. ITs similar in vein to what Sony was trying to do with the vita and ps3 by being able to bring your console gaming on the go.

Actually Switch seem much more like Wii than like Wii U. Good product with intresting concept thats easy to understand, with good marketing, and brand new 3D Zelda and casual/family/party game for launch. So same like Wii not like Wii U.

Wii with Wii sport 250$ +an other Wiimote /nunch 60$ = 310 $
Switch 300$ + 1,2 Switch 50$ = 350$

Différence isn't very big. but Switch is portable and HH.

It's very difficult to say what casuals will do and how many gamers will buy it for playing with family or friends.
But in fact 1,2 SWITCH could be selling in a pack later...

So I sure it underestimating

Akeos said:
Wii with Wii sport 250$ +an other Wiimote /nunch 60$ = 310 $
Switch 300$ + 1,2 Switch 50$ = 350$

Différence isn't very big. but Switch is portable and HH.

It's very difficult to say what casuals will do and how many gamers will buy it for playing with family or friends.
But in fact 1,2 SWITCH could be selling in a pack later...

So I sure it underestimating

Not only that Switch is portable and home console, but it's coming with two controllers for multiplayer out of box.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I dont see how anyone can come to that conclusion. Wii U had a huge emphasis on getting western AAA PS3/360 ports while Switch has a much larger focus on small-medium Japanese, indie & kid/family software.

And no, its nothing like Vita/PS3. Saying that Vita/PS3 connectivity is similar to Switch is like saying N-Gage was similar to iPhone.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.