By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

irstupid said:
SpokenTruth said:

I'll compare the scores from the outlets that gave Horizon the lowest scores.

USGamer:
Horizon - 50
Zelda - 100

Stevivor:
Horizon - 70
Zelda - 100

Destructoid:
Horizon - 75
Zelda - 100

GameCritics (65) and Digitally Downloaded (70) have yet to publish Zelda reviews.

Curuios to see how much each game affected anothers score.

There was one preview I breifly scanned and recalled them talking about the arrow firing in both games. They talked about the physics in Zelda's arrow shooting in how you had to adjust for distance and so on. YOu know aiming ABOVE a creatures head instead of sniping in teh crosshairs. And then they mentioned how it made Horizons SNIPING arrows feel elementary or something to that extent.

Seeing how both games released within days of each other, I could see the reviewers having to review both at same time and thus may have lowered or highered one games score based on what one did better or worse than anothers.

Did they get reviewed by the same person? Doesn't only one person review the game then give it a score?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Wright said:

Just wanna throw here that a 10 doesn't strictly has to mean "perfect". Gamespot's appraisal of 10, for example, is "essential", which allows them to give a comfortable 10 even if they can spot one or two flaws.

There is no perfect game. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Wright said:

Just wanna throw here that a 10 doesn't strictly has to mean "perfect". Gamespot's appraisal of 10, for example, is "essential", which allows them to give a comfortable 10 even if they can spot one or two flaws.

Civilization II.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Jranation said:
irstupid said:

Curuios to see how much each game affected anothers score.

There was one preview I breifly scanned and recalled them talking about the arrow firing in both games. They talked about the physics in Zelda's arrow shooting in how you had to adjust for distance and so on. YOu know aiming ABOVE a creatures head instead of sniping in teh crosshairs. And then they mentioned how it made Horizons SNIPING arrows feel elementary or something to that extent.

Seeing how both games released within days of each other, I could see the reviewers having to review both at same time and thus may have lowered or highered one games score based on what one did better or worse than anothers.

Did they get reviewed by the same person? Doesn't only one person review the game then give it a score?

I doubt it. They a re big enough sites that they wouldn't put the same person on two such huge games so close to one another. You would want them to be able to put more time into each game and not be cramed.

But they are also big sites. Their reviews shoudl have to go through someone before they can post them. So it's not like one can just decide to be a dick and troll a fandom. They shoudl have to explain and get permision to give out a 6/10 for a game others are giving 9/10's.

irstupid said:
Jranation said:

I doubt it. They a re big enough sites that they wouldn't put the same person on two such huge games so close to one another. You would want them to be able to put more time into each game and not be cramed.

But they are also big sites. Their reviews shoudl have to go through someone before they can post them. So it's not like one can just decide to be a dick and troll a fandom. They shoudl have to explain and get permision to give out a 6/10 for a game others are giving 9/10's.

Never knew this.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Yes, only. Opencritic has 45 and it's at 97 which means that if GR adds more reviews, it will drop.

Its still the highest rated game  all time there. Calm down. Even if it drops. Makes a big deal for you i know. Too much nintendo positive news for today

The pro-Nintendo bias by critics is a bit annoying. Other than that, I'm not sure there's a lot of positive Nintendo news. The day 1 patch did not fix the desyncing issues, for example.

Jranation said:
Wright said:

Resident Evil 4

Oh, WOW. I knew the game would be 90+ but I never expected THIS! Looks like definite contender for GOTG. Can't wait to play it!

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Its still the highest rated game  all time there. Calm down. Even if it drops. Makes a big deal for you i know. Too much nintendo positive news for today

The pro-Nintendo bias by critics is a bit annoying. Other than that, I'm not sure there's a lot of positive Nintendo news. The day 1 patch did not fix the desyncing issues, for example.

Reports are actually saying the day 1 patch did indeed fix the desyncing issues.

irstupid said:
Lawlight said:

Reports are actually saying the day 1 patch did indeed fix the desyncing issues.

Nice, I was a bit worried about that. Can I ask for a source?