By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

Around the Network

Wii U- 90
Switch-92

Kai_Mao said:
I'll say 92-93.

But I hope we don't just say it'll get a high just because of the name Zelda. It's like when people say that, it's almost as if the game being released within the mainline series was give a high score just because it's Zelda (but in a bad way). Yes the franchise has garnered great respect and recognition among the gaming community, and it earned it with every main installment. From the original to LttP to OoT to WW to TP to SS. Of course, not every game is perfect (what other game is?). I know some mean it as a compliment, but others not so.

Zelda is still critiqued fairly. Skyward sword was criticized for motion controls. Also, people typically judge the game like any other. Is the world interesting? What about the dungeons, characters, plot, etc.

I think I said 94 in the metascore prediction thread, so I'll go with that :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

89 switch 84 wiiu

monocle_layton said:
Kai_Mao said:
I'll say 92-93.

But I hope we don't just say it'll get a high just because of the name Zelda. It's like when people say that, it's almost as if the game being released within the mainline series was give a high score just because it's Zelda (but in a bad way). Yes the franchise has garnered great respect and recognition among the gaming community, and it earned it with every main installment. From the original to LttP to OoT to WW to TP to SS. Of course, not every game is perfect (what other game is?). I know some mean it as a compliment, but others not so.

Zelda is still critiqued fairly. Skyward sword was criticized for motion controls. Also, people typically judge the game like any other. Is the world interesting? What about the dungeons, characters, plot, etc.

I'm just hoping we won't use it's name as an excuse if this latest game scores in the mid- to high-90s. 

95, both versions. I think that the game looks and plays awesome.