By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Horizon is GOTY material now that reviews are in ?

Will Horizon Zero Dawn be nominated for GOTY at the Game Awards 2017 ?

Yes 223 52.22%

No 127 29.74%

Perhaps 77 18.03%

Total:427
Lawlight said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Good thing the discussion was about critics.

No, it was about GOTY in general. You only put in the critics qualifier for Overwatch to have the slightest of edge on Uncharted 4.

You quoted me replying to someone else. That person was talking about a critic. I responded regarding critics. It is pretty telling though that you'd go there. Is it not a fact that Overwatch got more GOTY awards from critics than Uncharted 4? So what then, did all of them award it to Overwatch because of popularity, or maybe it's just a good game that critics were split on? You carry on with your console wars though.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Lawlight said:

No, it was about GOTY in general. You only put in the critics qualifier for Overwatch to have the slightest of edge on Uncharted 4.

You quoted me replying to someone else. That person was talking about a critic. I responded regarding critics. It is pretty telling though that you'd go there. Is it not a fact that Overwatch got more GOTY awards from critics than Uncharted 4? So what then, did all of them award it to Overwatch because of popularity, or maybe it's just a good game that critics were split on? You carry on with your console wars though.

He was talking about TGA specifically, not critics-only goty awards. You added that critics part to give weigh to your argument - you said more critics awarded Overwatch. An argument which is incorrect once you know that all other critics combined were exactly split between Overwatch and Uncharted 4.

No.

As a known member of the Sony camp, even I acknowledge that it's going to BotW. There just isn't a contender this year that can match it.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Lawlight said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

He was talking about TGA specifically, not critics-only goty awards. You added that critics part to give weigh to your argument - you said more critics awarded Overwatch. An argument which is incorrect once you know that all other critics combined were exactly split between Overwatch and Uncharted 4.

Again, yes or no... more critics gave OW GOTY? The answer is yes. I pointed out that more critics gave it GOTY to show that not only TGA but plenty of other critics thought it was better. Can't break it down any simpler for you.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Lawlight said:

Again, yes or no... more critics gave OW GOTY? The answer is yes. I pointed out that more critics gave it GOTY to show that not only TGA but plenty of other critics thought it was better. Can't break it down any simpler for you.

Except those same critics gave Uncharted 4 way more Goty related awards in the process, Action Adventure, Graphics, Narrative, Human performance etc nearly 300 awards vs Overwatchs's 130 at best Critics were giving Uncharted more awards by a huge margin. Furthermore by discrediting Peoples Choice you are discrediting The Witcher 3's impressive 257 gotys, it won 169 critics Goty and peoples choice 88, The Last OF US won 191 Critics Goty and 58 peoples choice if going by your silly logic The Last Of US is still the most heralded Goty since more critics gave it Goty then Witcher 3 but keep moving those goal posts. 

Around the Network
GhetooBillGates said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Except those same critics gave Uncharted 4 way more Goty related awards in the process, Action Adventure, Graphics, Narrative, Human performance etc nearly 300 awards vs Overwatchs's 130 at best Critics were giving Uncharted more awards by a huge margin. Furthermore by discrediting Peoples Choice you are discrediting The Witcher 3's impressive 257 gotys, it won 169 critics Goty and peoples choice 88, The Last OF US won 191 Critics Goty and 58 peoples choice if going by your silly logic The Last Of US is still the most heralded Goty since more critics gave it Goty then Witcher 3 but keep moving those goal posts. 

It's hilarious that you're telling me I am shifting goal posts, when you are the one who was bitching about a critics GOTY award, and I was focusing solely on critics GOTY awards in my response. If you want an example of shifting goal posts, just look at your reply. You mentioned how TGA might have a bias against Naughty Dog, and yet you're relying on reader poll GOTY awards to try and make some strange argument here. Furthermore you're clutching to "GOTY related awards" now, when your post was about the game of the year. So yeah, you keep shifting those goal posts please :)

This is getting off topic discussing one games supposed being robbed of an award in a thread about Horizon, so this will be it for me on this Uncharted stuff. You said TGA were all about popularity and not about quality. TGA is a critic. I simply pointed out that Overwatch won more GOTY awards from critics than Uncharted 4, so it's not out of the ordinary for TGA to have given it to Overwatch. That isn't "discrediting peoples choice", which seems silly to even say because LOL, it's peoples choice awards, they are simply irrelevant to the point about critics. I don't give a shit about Last of Us vs Witcher 3. Again, the very simple point was that it's not strange or bias or popularity for TGA to have given GOTY to Overwatch over Uncharted 4, because more critics gave it to Overwatch than Uncharted 4. That's it. Keep making excuses and taking simple logic as attacks though.

LudicrousSpeed said:
GhetooBillGates said:

It's hilarious that you're telling me I am shifting goal posts, when you are the one who was bitching about a critics GOTY award, and I was focusing solely on critics GOTY awards in my response. If you want an example of shifting goal posts, just look at your reply. You mentioned how TGA might have a bias against Naughty Dog, and yet you're relying on reader poll GOTY awards to try and make some strange argument here. Furthermore you're clutching to "GOTY related awards" now, when your post was about the game of the year. So yeah, you keep shifting those goal posts please :)

This is getting off topic discussing one games supposed being robbed of an award in a thread about Horizon, so this will be it for me on this Uncharted stuff. You said TGA were all about popularity and not about quality. TGA is a critic. I simply pointed out that Overwatch won more GOTY awards from critics than Uncharted 4, so it's not out of the ordinary for TGA to have given it to Overwatch. That isn't "discrediting peoples choice", which seems silly to even say because LOL, it's peoples choice awards, they are simply irrelevant to the point about critics. I don't give a shit about Last of Us vs Witcher 3. Again, the very simple point was that it's not strange or bias or popularity for TGA to have given GOTY to Overwatch over Uncharted 4, because more critics gave it to Overwatch than Uncharted 4. That's it. Keep making excuses and taking simple logic as attacks though.

TGA was my main criticsm in my initial comment not other Critics, lol so many Brazillian sites and Asian sites had Blizzard Advertising Ads all over their pages including popular game sites we all visit, watch a vid blizzard ad with 5 more ads from them with Overwatch everywhere LMAO, guess who they gave Goty to heck same can be said for Uncharted and even other games. Going back to the readers polls are more effective no greasing palms, no ones paid to literally give praise or vote in the thousands like they did, no corporate nonsense winners decided by millions of people across the globe not 2 or 3 editors and by you bringing up other critics shows you believe some Free 2 Play concept turned retail with no SP is Goty when its far from it, 165 Gotys vs 102 Goty do the math, 300  vs 130 again do the math, these are solid numbers who cares where they come from(but you can keep riding that train hahaha ), Blizzard says they got 100+ goty so they acknowledge GOTYBLOG's numbers and obviously Naughty Dog acknlowedges the 160+ they have, including CDPR with their numbers case closed.

I played Horizon back in April and I can say that I really enjoyed the game. I would even say that it exceeded my initial expectations.

But I'm currently playing Breath of the Wild on the Switch and it's even hard to explain why, but I think Zelda is a superior game. Maybe it's the sense of freedom, because is something unparalleled in everything I've ever played and I think that's a deciding factor in comparing these two games specifically.

But without doubt is a game that deserves to be considered in any conversation about the best game of 2017.

PSN: avanzo85

Switch Friend Code: SW-0301-4529-7712

Very big necro, but the game is still good

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."