By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Horizon is GOTY material now that reviews are in ?

Will Horizon Zero Dawn be nominated for GOTY at the Game Awards 2017 ?

Yes 223 52.22%

No 127 29.74%

Perhaps 77 18.03%

Total:427

Possibly but since this is year is gonna be a bloodbath between so many games for GOTY I could see some sites forgetting about it.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
I'm definitely sure it will be one of the nominees for GOTY this year. It's a big, visually and technically impressive title that will be a shoe in. I'm actually thinking games like Nier and Persona 5 will not make it, as they will likely be seen as niche titles.

Persona 5 probably not, no matter how good it could be. But Nier will probably get nominated if delivers and ends up being as good as it seems to be.

OT: a little early isn't? I know people are hyped and got nice scores but let's wait for everyone to actually play it, besides it's just february

Gonna be difficult in a year with Persona 5, RDR2 and wild cards like Mass Effect.

Hell in 2 weeks it's getting serious competition from Zeruda and Nier.

With the competition it has this year?I find it reallllllllly hard to happen.Have to play the game yet though

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

leyendax69 said:
Cloudman said:
I'm definitely sure it will be one of the nominees for GOTY this year. It's a big, visually and technically impressive title that will be a shoe in. I'm actually thinking games like Nier and Persona 5 will not make it, as they will likely be seen as niche titles.

Persona 5 probably not, no matter how good it could be. But Nier will probably get nominated if delivers and ends up being as good as it seems to be.

OT: a little early isn't? I know people are hyped and got nice scores but let's wait for everyone to actually play it, besides it's just february

I'm not against them being nominated, far from it. If P5 and Nier can be GOTY nominees, I think that'd be great. Any excellent game should have a shot at being a nominee, and I'm certain those games are excellent.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
leyendax69 said:

I'm not against them being nominated, far from it. If P5 and Nier can be GOTY nominees, I think that'd be great. Any excellent game should have a shot at being a nominee, and I'm certain those games are excellent.

Oh don't get me wrong I understood what you meant. Just saying what I think it will happen with those games regarding this GOTY thing

Luke888 said:

Will Horizon be nominated for the GOTY 2017 or will it be forgotten ?

No to both.

leyendax69 said:
Cloudman said:

Oh don't get me wrong I understood what you meant. Just saying what I think it will happen with those games regarding this GOTY thing

That's good, I hoped I didn't come off as hating on both those games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
leyendax69 said:

That's good, I hoped I didn't come off as hating on both those games.

Not at all hahah, I know you are a pretty respectful user so I never saw your comment in that sense

Nope. I'm calling game of the year right now,Red Dead Redemption 2.