By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Angelus said:
Since we're coming to the end of the year, I'm open to any changes you guys would like to see for 2018, so let me know some time in the next 2 months or forever hold your peace

Not a suggestion but I'm wondering what your plans is/will happen with platinum's for the 2018 season, Are only 2018 games going to count or will all games still count from February 2017 as in if I get 1000GS in Halo Wars 2 in January or 1000GS in Shadow of War in March they still give 5 points each?

Also just noticed my 3 points from Fallout Shelter are missing on the overall table :)

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
Angelus said:
Since we're coming to the end of the year, I'm open to any changes you guys would like to see for 2018, so let me know some time in the next 2 months or forever hold your peace

Not a suggestion but I'm wondering what your plans is/will happen with platinum's for the 2018 season, Are only 2018 games going to count or will all games still count from February 2017 as in if I get 1000GS in Halo Wars 2 in January or 1000GS in Shadow of War in March they still give 5 points each?

Also just noticed my 3 points from Fallout Shelter are missing on the overall table :)

My bad, I'll fix that.

As for the platinums, I'm open to whichever options you guys prefer, but failing a certain amount of input from everyone - if it comes down to just me making the call - I'd lean towards a bit of a hybrid system.

Platinums as they are now, basically bonus points tacked on to the overall standings, would remain, and would continue to only apply to that current year's games. Clean slate. However, I would also create a separate sub-leaderboard - to go along with the current sub-leaderboards of GS and TA - which just like the others, provides up to 10 points for the people ranked as having achieved the most platinum points overall, going back and tracking all the way back to the original start date. Earning past years' platinums would then still be reflected, and relevant in this way.

I believe this will accomplish a few things I consider important.

1. Continuing to incentivise and reward the completion of new releases, without introducing some sort of "race" category

2. Add more of a long term prestige and overall importance to platinums in the overall scoring system

2. Maybe give somebody a shot to at least make it close against Barozi

Last edited by Angelus - on 12 November 2017

Angelus said:
WoodenPints said:

My bad, I'll fix that.

As for the platinums, I'm open to whichever options you guys prefer, but failing a certain amount of input from everyone - if it comes down to just me making the call - I'd lean towards a bit of a hybrid system.

Platinums as they are now, basically bonus points tacked on to the overall standings, would remain, and would continue to only apply to that current year's games. Clean slate. However, I would also create a separate sub-leaderboard - to go along with the current sub-leaderboards of GS and TA - which just like the others, provides up to 10 points for the people ranked as having achieved the most platinum points overall, going back and tracking all the way back to the original start date. Earning past years' platinums would then still be reflected, and relevant in this way.

1. Continuing to incentivise and reward the completion of new releases, without introducing some sort of "race" category

2. Add more of a long term prestige and overall importance to platinums in the overall scoring system

Yay!

You should keep an eye on the current month though. WoodenPints is definitely going to win by TA. Maybe even GS. Don't know what he still has up his sleeves.

Barozi said:
Angelus said:

My bad, I'll fix that.

Yay!

You should keep an eye on the current month though. WoodenPints is definitely going to win by TA. Maybe even GS. Don't know what he still has up his sleeves.

lol ya, nothing personal against you....just the league would be more interesting if it's a bit more competitive at the top, which in turn I think would encourage some people to try harder. I'm not looking to hamstring you, or prevent you from winning, just looking at ways I can maybe level the playing field a bit.

Angelus said:
WoodenPints said:

My bad, I'll fix that.

Hmm so if I followed you correctly do you mean something like this taking current platinum points as an example:

ironDX - 15

Ryuu - 10

Kiigel - 10

Wooden - 3

So these players would would receive points like on the GS/TA leaderbords like:

ironDX - 10

Ryuu - 7

Kiigel - 5

Wooden - 3

and if these stayed same for 2 months the same bonus points are handed out on the order of current platinum points, So if someone plays a lot of new games and manages to keep the top amount of platinum points from January > December there is a potential 120 points for them to score?

or have I misunderstood?

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
Angelus said:

My bad, I'll fix that.

Hmm so if I followed you correctly do you mean something like this taking current platinum points as an example:

ironDX - 15

Ryuu - 10

Kiigel - 10

Wooden - 3

ironDX - 10

Ryuu - 7

Kiigel - 5

Wooden - 3

and if these stayed same for 2 months the same bonus points are handed out on the order of current platinum points, So if someone plays a lot of new games and manages to keep the top amount of platinum points from January > December there is a potential 120 points for them to score?

or have I misunderstood?

You got it mostly right, but like I said, the Platinum leaderboard would also take into account somebody earning past years' platinums, so it's not just the new games contributing to your place in the rankings there. So like lets say the new year rolls around and you go and get 1000GS in Shadow of War in January, those 5 points will be reflected in the Platinum leaderboard.

Angelus said:
WoodenPints said:

ironDX - 15

Ryuu - 10

Kiigel - 10

Wooden - 3

ironDX - 10

Ryuu - 7

Kiigel - 5

Wooden - 3

or have I misunderstood?

You got it mostly right, but like I said, the Platinum leaderboard would also take into account somebody earning past years' platinums, so it's not just the new games contributing to your place in the rankings there. So like lets say the new year rolls around and you go and get 1000GS in Shadow of War in January, those 5 points will be reflected in the Platinum leaderboard.

Ok so any game from the Feb 2017 onwards counts but only the stuff earned in 2018 season is on the leaderboards?

Or are you basically keeping the historical platinum's from previous seasons and total points including current year platinum's just on that leaderboard whilst still using the newly earned platinum points as they are currently used in the 2017 season?

WoodenPints said:
Angelus said:

Ok so any game from the Feb 2017 onwards counts but only the stuff earned in 2018 season is on the leaderboards?

Or are you basically keeping the historical platinum's from previous seasons and total points including current year platinum's just on that leaderboard whilst still using the newly earned platinum points as they are currently used in the 2017 season?

You would have

Overall:
GS ranking + TA ranking + Plat ranking + New (current year) Plats

Plat ranking:
All plat points earned from games eligible since Feb 2017, with no restrictions on when they were earned

Angelus said:
WoodenPints said:

You would have

Overall:
GS ranking + TA ranking + Plat ranking + New (current year) Plats

Plat ranking:
All plat points earned from games eligible since Feb 2017, with no restrictions on when they were earned

Ok nice and clear!  It was basically what i was trying to say but my post probably wasn't that clear :D

Ufda! Dead last this month with one pity point :D