By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Images of Nintendo Switch internal parts leaked (including chip set)

Teriol said:
bonzobanana said:
Those images don't look right. The date on it of July 2016 is too old and there is no 'Nintendo' branding on the chips etc. This looks old and likely one of the early dev kits not a retail Switch unit. Confirms the dev kit has 4GB of memory and 25.6GB/s memory bandwidth for the dev kit but its not telling us what a retail unit has, hopefully the same especially after that news that Capcom requested more memory.

For the first time i agree with you, all Nintendo machines has the Nintendo logo on their chps, (nintendo IBM) etc, this is from july 2016  it is not the final devkit.

Nvidia doesn't license out their designs, Nintendo doesn't own it therefore it wouldn't be surprising to not see Nintendo on the chip. Nvidia also would be the ones to eat ARM's licensing costs and Nintendo wouldn't even have to worry about it.

Around the Network

Wow HUGE battery

Why isn't this in the NSFW section?
So much bareness in that OP.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

This might actually lend more credence to the foxconn leak. If I remember correctly it talked about a large L-Shaped heat pipe bending towards the fan.
Not sure how easy something like that would be to guess...

Unremovable battery is kind of a big no for me.

What is going to happen when the battery start to lose its efficacity? I'm going to have to open it like this?

I think I better wait for the next model.

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:

What is going to happen when the battery start to lose its efficacity? I'm going to have to open it like this?

This battery looks easily replacable actually. Yeah you're going to have to open it up, but it has a simple connector and looks like it's not even glued in (although it's a bit hard to tell). This is leaps and bounds over battery replaceability in most modern phones and tablets and no worse than the 3DS.

This was never going to have a gamepadstyle upgradable battery. They put the biggest battery in there they could fit, while maintaining a sleek formfactor.

IkePoR said:
Tagging till people smarter than I show up.

They're not more intelligent than you. They're just more knowledgable of computers. There's a difference.

SuperNova said:
maxleresistant said:

This battery looks easily replacable actually. Yeah you're going to have to open it up, but it has a simple connector and looks like it's not even glued in (although it's a bit hard to tell). This is leaps and bounds over battery replaceability in most modern phones and tablets and no worse than the 3DS.

This was never going to have a gamepadstyle upgradable battery. They put the biggest battery in there they could fit, while maintaining a sleek formfactor.

You can have a replaceable battery and have a sleek formfactor. A lot of phones have replaceable batteries.

pray4mojo said:
IkePoR said:
Tagging till people smarter than I show up.

They're not more intelligent than you. They're just more knowledgable of computers. There's a difference.

Very true.  I meant it that way but didn't type it that way.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

dahuman said:
Teriol said:

For the first time i agree with you, all Nintendo machines has the Nintendo logo on their chps, (nintendo IBM) etc, this is from july 2016  it is not the final devkit.

Nvidia doesn't license out their designs, Nintendo doesn't own it therefore it wouldn't be surprising to not see Nintendo on the chip. Nvidia also would be the ones to eat ARM's licensing costs and Nintendo wouldn't even have to worry about it.

Totally disagree a customised Nvidia chip would at least get Nintendo on there in addition to Nvidia or even Nintendo branding alone. We know its not going to be exactly the same as Tegra but even if it was Nintendo would still be on there. We shall see how this turns out.