By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All Xbox Games will run better on Scorpio & Phil is flying to japan

hudsoniscool said:
Radek said:

Gears 4 sold 2.72 million units in 3 months according to vgchartz.

Almost nobody cares about Gears & Halo.

Gears 4 sold so poorly that Microsoft never announced its numbers.

Uncharted 4 sold as many copies in just 2 weeks.

lol I'm quite happy about 2.72 million physical copies. Probably about 3 million or more when including pc. Recent publisher financial data has shown that digital is at 25-low 30's for aaa console games. Gears 4 is play anywhere so has increased incentive to buy digital. 25% digital puts the game at almost 4 million. That's bad sales? Or is urs a joke post.

Nah bro, it needs to get on Gravity Rush 2 sales and sell 150k. In all seriousness, that is very good considering it hasn't even been a year yet for the game. The game will probably do a life time of 5-6 million easily which is very good and better than most games ever hope to acheieve.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

Nah bro, it needs to get on Gravity Rush 2 sales and sell 150k. In all seriousness, that is very good considering it hasn't even been a year yet for the game. The game will probably do a life time of 5-6 million easily which is very good and better than most games ever hope to acheieve.

Well, GR2 sells bad, but luckily it had not a big budget, not even good marketing.They did not lost much with it. Its simply smaller game.

For example Heavy Rain was 22 MLN to make, Beyond - 27 MLN. They dont need 5 mln sales to make a profit.

Gears ? This game fall like a cliff 360-One, kinda like Halo did. Also comparing one of the biggest MS IP to Vita IP is kinda hyperbolic.

KingofTrolls said:
Snoopy said:

Well, GR2 sells bad, but luckily it had not a big budget, not even good marketing.They did not lost much with it.

Gears ? This game fall like a cliff 360-One, kinda like Halo did.

What? You mean that different games might have different budgets and objectives? No way! I'm sure Sony put a Destiny-like budget on Gravity Rush 2 and wanted it to sell like GTA V!

Faelco said:

What? You mean that different games might have different budgets and objectives? No way! I'm sure Sony put a Destiny-like budget on Gravity Rush 2 and wanted it to sell like GTA V!

I dont think we will ever see Sony's game with that kind of budget. It's simply way too risky for them.

Also, dont forget about marketing cost - Sony spends a lot less than MS ( to be funnier, its Nintendo who spend the most on marketing ). Still, Sony games outsold most of X!/PC exclusives.

For example, PS3 game Puppeter, sold like 17k ( 17 thousands ) and .. it made a profit.

KingofTrolls said:
Faelco said:

I dont think we will ever see Sony's game with that kind of budget. It's simply way too risky for them.

Also, dont forget about marketing cost - Sony spends a lot less than MS ( to be funnier, its Nintendo who spend the most on marketing ). Still, Sony games outsold most of X!/PC exclusives.

For example, PS3 game Puppeter, sold like 17k ( 17 thousands ) and .. it made a profit.

Nintendo spends a lot of money on marketing, but they don't spend a lot of money on common sense. Without third party, I think they will continue to struggle.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
hudsoniscool said:
I'm hoping Scorpio causes a noticeable change in all games over standard one. And some games(probably only 1st and 2nd party) have exclusive features and content. Like halo 6 warzone mode 'only possible on Scorpio'. I'm glad Phil gets that every game needs improvement.

So you want Xbox to play very fast and loose with their "no exclusives" by offering the same game.. missing content?

While giving no one any warning and effectively screwing over their Xbox og, and Xbox one S userbase?

Didn't say that. Make a game for both the one and Scorpio. Do things that arnt possible on the standard console. That doesn't screw over anyone.  Scorpio looks to be 3-6 times as powerful as the one. If all they do is increase resolution/frames and nothing else for 1st n 2nd party that would be dumb. Add some AI or make it smarter for hoarde, warzone. Increase player count on some modes, increased destruction for crackdown. And if a studio has an ambition to do something awesome that can't be done on the standard than they should do it, be it a feature or a mode. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

People hating on ms and saying gears/halo/forza don't sell are making themselves look foolish. Gears at around 4 million, halo 5 did 5 million in 3 months and likely in the 7 million range despite having a very bad campaign and getting an 84 on meta. fh3 did 2.5 million already(not sure if that includes digital).

hudsoniscool said:
People hating on ms and saying gears/halo/forza don't sell are making themselves look foolish. Gears at around 4 million, halo 5 did 5 million in 3 months and likely in the 7 million range despite having a very bad campaign and getting an 84 on meta. fh3 did 2.5 million already(not sure if that includes digital).

There is a huge difference between saying "those games don't sell" and "those games don't sell that much consoles anymore, not after 10 years of repetition". MS needs a strong new IP, and didn't find it yet.

Bandorr said:
hudsoniscool said:
I'm hoping Scorpio causes a noticeable change in all games over standard one. And some games(probably only 1st and 2nd party) have exclusive features and content. Like halo 6 warzone mode 'only possible on Scorpio'. I'm glad Phil gets that every game needs improvement.
hudsoniscool said:

Didn't say that. Make a game for both the one and Scorpio. Do things that arnt possible on the standard console. That doesn't screw over anyone.  Scorpio looks to be 3-6 times as powerful as the one. If all they do is increase resolution/frames and nothing else for 1st n 2nd party that would be dumb. Add some AI or make it smarter for hoarde, warzone. Increase player count on some modes, increased destruction for crackdown. And if a studio has an ambition to do something awesome that can't be done on the standard than they should do it, be it a feature or a mode. 

If the game will have exclusive content and features ONLY on the Scorpio - then people playing on the xbox one/s will be missing that content. There is a difference between content only possible on Scorpio, and content created to only be on Scorpio.

Warzone is already available on Halo 5 and the Xbox one/s. If you make the sequel to it "so powerful" It can't be ran on the one/s you are screwing over the one/s. You are intentionally making it so it CANT run on the one s as opposed to making something that has to have the S to run.

Lol man first party games will have things on Scorpio that arnt on the OG/s. If people complain about oh well. They will just say it's not possible to have this feature or mode or whatever on the OG/s. Scorpio/OG games will be the same as 360/X1 games. Look at the 2 different version of fh2. This is not screwing over anyone it's doing something that the old console can't do.

Radek said:
Liquid_faction said:

Let's be real here, that "4k gaming" is a gimmick. It's not actually real 4k. And I see it as an issue because critics and even microsoft to some extent are painting it out the Scorpio as a "true next gen" system. Well it can't be "true next gen" if it is supported along with the Xbox One.  The way I see it is because Microsoft wants the Xbox One and Scorpio to co-exist, one will have to suffer, and that would be the Scorpio. It is almost 4x as powerful as the Xbox One. It won't reach any new heights if it gets dragged down by its older counterpart.  Also, let's go into the issue with scalebound. These are rumors that I've managed to see browsing the web, but I've seen people say that the one of the reasons scalebound was cancelled, was because they could not even get it to run properly on the original Xbox One (keep in mind these are rumors). And yes, I know it was also going to be released for PC, but microsoft also wanted to market the "cross play feature" or something with Scalebound. But since apparently the Xbox can't get it to run properly, it was cancelled. If that rumor is true, then developers can only make games that the Xbox One can handle, and if it can't then neither system will be getting the game. If the Scorpio gets a game and not the One, then there will be a mass uproar of Microsoft trying to abandon the Xbox One. That is how I see it.

I still don't get it. So what if most games won't be native 4K?

Making them 1800p Native or 2160p checkerboard will still require that 6 Tflops of power, it will still look great on 4K TV's that they are pushing now.

I fail to see why Scalebound wouldn't work on OG Xbox One if games like Horizon Zero Dawn can work on OG PS4.

Scorpio won't be dragged down by Xbox One, because it will use it's power for more consistant frame-rates, much higher resolutions and higher details.

I'm sure Scorpio version of RDR 2 @ 1800p will make Xbox One version look like a blurry mess at 900p.

They might call it next-gen but it never was "next gen" being only 50% more powerful than PS4 Pro.

PS4 is 50% more powerful than Xbox One and they are the same generation.

If anything PC versions of games are much more dragged down by consoles than Scorpio will ever be by Xbox One.

Let's assume RDR 2 will be native 900p on Xbox One and native 1080p on PS4.

1600*900 = 1440000

3200*1800 = 5760000

1440000*4 = 5760000

Based on math games like RDR 2 should run at 1800p Native with relative ease on Scorpio if it's  4.2x more powerful than Xbox One S.

I am simply not talking about resolution anymore, I could care less if something was 4k, 8k or, 12k. I game on a 42 inch 1080p TV with my PS4, and 2 1080p monitors on my PC. I am talking about actual raw performance in games, not "Let's put in 80x more pixels on the screen to make it look prettier. If minecraft ran at 32k, it would still look like minecraft, regardless of pixel count. What if a game's mechanics are just too demanding for the One? Something that if you want to put it on the One, it would look like you're comparing the 360 to the Xbox One. I doubt developers would want to develop two sperate games for two separate systems. They'll most likely still gimp it down to the Xbox One levels for it to be still compatible with the One if the Scorpio's fanbase isn't big enough.