By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch dev talk – 50,000 yen for a kit, Capcom wants to make AAA games, much more

curl-6 said:
KLAMarine said:

Right there with ya! RE4 Wii's controls are amazing!

Agreed, its right up there with Sin & Punishment 2 and Metroid Prime 3 in demonstrating the immense superiority of pointer aiming over analogue.

I've heard good things of S&P2. If it comes to Switch, I'm definitely picking it up!

Dammit, I only wish I could have picked it up years ago on the Wii... Yet another hidden Wii gem it would seem.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
curl-6 said:

Agreed, its right up there with Sin & Punishment 2 and Metroid Prime 3 in demonstrating the immense superiority of pointer aiming over analogue.

I've heard good things of S&P2. If it comes to Switch, I'm definitely picking it up!

Dammit, I only wish I could have picked it up years ago on the Wii... Yet another hidden Wii gem it would seem.

It's on Wii U Virtual Console I believe.

curl-6 said:
KLAMarine said:

It's on Wii U Virtual Console I believe.

Yeah it is but gonna see if it comes to Switch first. I'm expecting it to.

Wow, things are not only looking good between Capcom and Nintendo, but for the Switch in general. Glad to hear it's much easier to work with the Switch than the 3DS and Wii U.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

KLXVER said:

Capcom and Konami should release new 2d Mega Man, Ghosts`n Goblins, Castlevania and Contra. Would be amazing

YES. Come to think of it, we haven't had a new Ghosts n' Goblins game in awhile. Bomberman is making a comeback. All these franchises should, too! 

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Wow, things are not only looking good between Capcom and Nintendo, but for the Switch in general. Glad to hear it's much easier to work with the Switch than the 3DS and Wii U.

Yup, this statement shows how actually is easier to work with Switch compared to Wii U or 3DS:

"The port process was overwhelmingly faster than 3DS or Wii U. On 3DS, it took four months with four people. On Wii U, it took three months with five people. The hardware structure was very easy to understand and it also had similarities to Wii U, so that they could achieve it in a month with two people."

Yeah, that's the line that got me really excited for it

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

This all sounds very, very good. I wonder, does one have to be a professional developer to score a dev kit? $500 is very affordable, and I would definitely like to play with it.

sc94597 said:
This all sounds very, very good. I wonder, does one have to be a professional developer to score a dev kit? $500 is very affordable, and I would definitely like to play with it.

That's a good question.  With most dev kits the answr I believe is no but most cost much more so there's little issue with random people grabbing them up.  On the other hand, given Nintendo clears every game for release on some level anyway, it's entirely possible you could grab one.  But just having one doesn't mean your game will make it onto the platform necessarily.

It's cute when Nintendo makes friends.