By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you getting Skyrim for Switch?

Are you buying Skyrim for Switch?

Yes 185 32.57%

Maybe 133 23.42%

No 250 44.01%

Total:568

No to Skyrim, yes to NBA 2K. I want something I can play for 15-20 minute bursts. 

Around the Network

When I buy a Switch if this is avaiable cheap I may buy it but I'm not hopeful that Bethedsa will make much effort with it. They have probably been paid by Nintendo to create a version to make it seem like Switch has support and it will be a by the numbers port with much missing due to the cartridge media. I doubt it will match the legendary version on Xbox 360 for game speed and content. Amazing game though and would certainly recommend it for those who have not played it before and only have a Switch to play it on.

When you factor in the 150 gflops gpu and the 18,000 mips cpu I don't think the Switch will achieve an impressive version. The detail may be cut down a bit or there could be severe frame rate issues.

I'm going to get it. I've only played a bit on a friends PC and I never bought it for myself. So I'd like to have it, and having it on the go with the switch makes it worth it.

I'm the result of someone exclusively playing Final Fantasy XI from the PS2 release till 2010, and only stopping for small bouts of catch up. 

3DS Friend Code: Tate - Uh.. stuff happened... I need to get a new 3DS 

Switch FC: SW-3272-7705-6029

If you add me, please let me know so I can add you back. =D

FFXI Character: Formally Tatewaki of Cerberus, Now Arngrim Of Sylph.  Retired forever. ; ;

FFXIV Character: Tate Raken of Hyperion

All time favorite game: Chrono Trigger. 

All time favorite Manga: One piece... Followed by Ranma 1/2. 

Definitely I will getting at same point, I want to support games like this on Switch.

No. Have it on PS3 and having it once is enoigh because it's not good enough to own multiple times.

Around the Network

Yes, it'll make business trips more enjoyable.

No. I'll get it on PS4 where it'll be cheaper, and look/run better.

Not if they don't add something new to the game like motion controls and hd rumble. I have the enhanced version on pc already.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Yeah I'll buy it if it's a decent version.

I was going to, but then I thought about the fact that I have assess to Skyrim special edition on my pc, which has a 980 ti gtx graphics card, for free, so why bother? Besides, now I can spend the money I would have spent on that game on another game that I wasn't planning on buying. Yes yes, I know this will hurt the 3rd party sales for Nintendo devices in the future from Bethesda, but to be honest, I'm not sure there will ever be a time I want to play a Bethesda game on console vs. pc. Their games are insanely powerful and can only be truly appreciated on the best hardware, whereas most games don't need a higher end graphics card.