By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you getting Skyrim for Switch?

Are you buying Skyrim for Switch?

Yes 185 32.57%

Maybe 133 23.42%

No 250 44.01%

Total:568

Bethesda is bringing its acclaimed RPG The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to the Nintendo Switch, marking the first time a game in the series has been released on a Nintendo platform.

Now, game director Todd Howard has spoken out to praise Nintendo's new hybrid system. In an interview with GameSpot, Howard added that Nintendo was "less interested" in Bethesda's games in the past. "I think it's really smart what they've done," Howard said about the Switch and its hybrid nature. "I think it's the kind of device that only Nintendo could make. It's exciting to bring Skyrim to the Nintendo audience." Howard went on to say that Nintendo has been a "very good partner" for Bethesda in its effort to bring Skyrim to the Switch.

This is an improvement over how things were in the past, he explained. "Whereas before they were less interested in the types of things that we did or some other groups did," Howard said.

As Nintendo fans, do you plan to support this third party developer and buy the Skyrim game for the Switch?

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network

Yes I'm getting it because I've heard its the "HD version" and I've never played skyrim before. I've heard it is a fantastic game so I will try it out when it comes out.

Not a chance. I disliked the game a lot on PC, so I guess there's not way I'll like it on Switch. It's the same game after all XD.

I might, haven't played it since it came out. Might be fun.

I already played the broken version, not gonna give Bethesda anymore money for that. It was still 60 hours of fun, even though I had to turn off auto save, avoid horses and reboot my ps3 every 15 minutes in the end.

Around the Network

No, I'm not paying full retail for a game that came out 6 years ago. That would be stupid and I'd feel like a sucker afterwards.

TorterraBoy said:
Yes I'm getting it because I've heard its the "HD version" and I've never played skyrim before. I've heard it is a fantastic game so I will try it out when it comes out.

I'm definitely going to support Bethesda by getting this game. All Nintendo fans need to come forward and show them that we want to have more games like this on a Nintendo system. I will feel so bad if the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim sells badly on Switch. It will not be a good sign.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

SvennoJ said:
I already played the broken version, not gonna give Bethesda anymore money for that. It was still 60 hours of fun, even though I had to turn off auto save, avoid horses and reboot my ps3 every 15 minutes in the end.

Avoid horses? Because of the horse poodo?

SonytendoAmiibo said:
TorterraBoy said:

I'm definitely going to support Bethesda buy getting this game. All Nintendo fans need to come forward and show them that we want to have more games like this on a Nintendo system. I will feel so bad if the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim sells badly on Switch. It will not be a good sign.

I understand what you're saying, but I think Skyrim is a horrible game.... I'll definitely try to buy all the third party games I'll probably enjoy. But Bethesda is a developer (the Elder Scrolls/Fallout section at least) that I absolutely despise. Disgaea, Bomberman, Snake Pass, Yooka-Laylee... are games that suit my taste much more.

Volterra_90 said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

I'm definitely going to support Bethesda buy getting this game. All Nintendo fans need to come forward and show them that we want to have more games like this on a Nintendo system. I will feel so bad if the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim sells badly on Switch. It will not be a good sign.

I understand what you're saying, but I think Skyrim is a horrible game.... I'll definitely try to buy all the third party games I'll probably enjoy. But Bethesda is a developer (the Elder Scrolls/Fallout section at least) that I absolutely despise. Disgaea, Bomberman, Snake Pass, Yooka-Laylee... are games that suit my taste much more.

All the games you listed are also on my wish list. This is the latest version of Skyrim so the bugs should be fixed now. I have never played the game before and would defiantly like to try it out.