By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Now support being pulled from PS3; Vita; Bravia/Samsung TVs; Blu-Ray players

To be honest, does anyone care? Like, I'm sure there will be faux outrage about it, but does it really matter? I tried the service, it sucked. Idk anyone who uses it. It's probably not making Sony any money.

Around the Network

Sadly I had forgot all about this service. Still it must not be doing great for them to be removing it from all of those devices.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I never got the chance to try it on my PS Vita... :(

Azuren said:
Maybe now Sony can start focusing energy into real backwards compatibility.

The ball is on Sony's court. Microsoft has done a good job with bringing 360 games to the XB1. There will definitely be backlash if Sony doesn't, at the very minimum, make the PS5 backwards compatible with PS4 games.

And this is why you dont spend your money into air

Around the Network

Kinda strange. I'm guessing they have data that shows the vast majority of people who use Now are on PS4 and/or PC. Makes sense, as more and more gamers join the current gen.

Aura7541 said:
Azuren said:
Maybe now Sony can start focusing energy into real backwards compatibility.

The ball is on Sony's court. Microsoft has done a good job with bringing 360 games to the XB1. There will definitely be backlash if Sony doesn't, at the very minimum, make the PS5 backwards compatible with PS4 games.

I can sadly see Sony though not having BC in the PS5. Simply to make it cost less and more importantly as an excuse to remaster games so they can make more money.

I don't have any sources and this is strictly speculative, but I think support is being pulled because the service didn't catch on on these devices. PS4 probably makes up most of the usage of the service.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Oh no! I'll have to figure out how to never use it with more efficiency. My backlog is bigger than Playstation Now. Lag free too.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Not surprised. Most TV's loose support after a couple years anyway, which is why I believe buying a Smart TV isn't a wise choice if you care for long-term support.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--