By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Survey: What exactly upsets you about DLC for BOTW

Stance on BOTW DLC

Fine execept for the harder difficulty 99 18.97%

Zelda should not have DLC 56 10.73%

Zelda having DLC is fine ... 67 12.84%

Hate the idea of DLC in general 70 13.41%

Gonna wait and see if its worth it 55 10.54%

Planning on getting it along side BOTW 86 16.48%

Indifferent/do not care 68 13.03%

Will wait a big for a com... 21 4.02%

Total:522

I honestly do not understand the argument that you shouldn't announce DLC. Not knowing doesn't change anything.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I honestly do not understand the argument that you shouldn't announce DLC. Not knowing doesn't change anything.

I understood for situations that have the pre-order bonuses annouced before we see actual gameplay like Arkham Knight but getting mad over a season pass being annouced just 2 weeks before release is just weird. Most likely this DLC was probably greenit was recently when the game was basically done. Curious to if the people saying this mainly Nintendo consoles and have only heard the horrors of bad DLC. This isn't even the first time a diffculty mode was locked behind paid DLC like grounded mode was for the last of us and I don't remember any outrage for that. But then again I believe grounded was annouced well after the game was released so that probably did help prevent one.

I don't get what the big deal is. You don't have to buy the DLC. The main game is the same product today as it was yesterday. Nothing has changed. If you were cool with it not having a hard mode before, then you should be cool with it now.

As long as there's ample content, which I think it's clear there will be, I don't see the big deal.. I'm not a fan of DLC but I think it's clear at this point it's not going away anytime soon. I just don't get why people get upset when Nintendo does the same things that Sony/MS and its third parties frequently do already.. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

It's mainly the hard difficulty that I have a problem with. But I'm gonna get it anyways because a new dungeon is included. Can never pass on a dungeon

Around the Network

How long was this game delayed and there's still a dungeon that didn't make it to release?

Zelda should not have DLC. It should have a beginning, middle and end, like every Zelda before it. Not a, oh wait but there's more... It looks like a trial cave and a dungeon for a separate story, safe to ignore.

Preorder and season pass culture should just die

People are upset about DLC for a game that will be epic? I'm guessing many of these could be the same ones who are simply angry that Nintendo have started adopting the business practices that other developers and publishers have in order to provide more revenue and profits.

Zelda DLC sounds great to me!

The only things that bug me are the harder difficulty behind the pay wall and anytime I here "Day 1 Expansion Pass" or any variation of it, I cringe.
Other than that, everything else looks fine.
Hasn't changed my stance whatsoever on getting the game Day 1 or my expectations of it. Before, I thought I was getting a fucking fantastic game. After... I STILL think I'm getting a fucking fantastic game.

I guess the timing was a little off but idk how they would suddenly announce the DLC when the shirt and chest would be available on that same day as release.
Otherwise, I'm not gonna fret too much about it. I don't have to get it right away. I can just play the game as it is and I doubt it would be incomplete without the new story and dungeon.