By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameSeek pricing Nintendo Switch at £198.50

Buying from these will get you a UK plug in the charger (which costs around 30?) plus whatever they'll charge for shipping.

Nevertheless, I haven't had good first impressions with GameSeek. Tried to purchase DKCR back in 2013, noticed there was an error in the address, contacted them to modify it and they simply cancelled the order. Bugger-off!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Thought of buying for a second (good price and cheap for shipping to Brazil). Then I realize the UK plug isn't the same from EU (we use plugs similar to EU in Brazil).

Ka-pi96 said:
bonzobanana said:
Something fishy here. I reckon they were informed of a lower price by Nintendo and then Nintendo Japan decided on a higher price so Nintendo UK honoured their original trade pricing based on a £200 retail price. Perhaps Nintendo allowed them to buy a certain number at the reduced price which was beyond its pre-orders so some extra will be available. There certainly isn't going to be a profit margin that allows that level of discounting and games consoles have a notoriously low retail margin. The profit is in the games and accessories.

Well considering I had literally never heard of GameSeek before despite living in the UK for the majority of my life and buying 99% of my games on the internet... this seems awfully like any losses they make on this will be like advertising money for them. Other shops spend money advertising on TV, they spend it getting a tonne of positive PR by pricing a new Nintendo console significantly lower than everybody else.

Regardless of why, a lot more people know about them than ever before so chances are they'll be making a lot more money now than ever before based on that.

That might be the official explanation but they got that £199 price from somewhere. Again I personally don't believe their official explanation although not saying my possible explanation is the right one but can't really think of any other explanations. Certainly if Nintendo had planned to price at £200 and then a corporate decision was made to sell at £280 instead they certainly don't want customers to know that. 

Again when you look at software and accessory pricing it is excessive and poor value and there does seem to be a push for higher prices compared to wii u. Maybe that decision was more recent than we realise when they factored in last minute costs.