By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you think Breath of the wild will be recieved by Critics? Poll added

Tagged games:

BotW metacritic average

95 - 100% 171 37.42%

90-95% 182 39.82%

85 -90% 61 13.35%

80_85% 6 1.31%

70-80% 7 1.53%

60-70% 3 0.66%

60% or under 27 5.91%

Total:457

According to the voters the score will be 87

97.5 x 75 = 7312.5
+
92.5 x 78 = 7215
+
87.5 x 23 = 2012,5
+
82.5 x 5 = 427.5
+
77.5 x 2 = 155
+
65x 2 = 130
+
30 x 21 =630

/ 206 = 87

Around the Network

97 on Metacritic. The big sites won't dare go low on a Zelda game. The feel around this reminds me a bit of GTA4.

Of course it will, I predict at least a 94.

Prediction: 95 metascore for both versions.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

pokoko said:
97 on Metacritic. The big sites won't dare go low on a Zelda game. The feel around this reminds me a bit of GTA4.

That's not going to happen lol. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

Out of curiousity...for the folks who think critics will give Zelda a free pass because of name recognition, do you think this happens with all big-name releases? All first-party releases like Halo and Uncharted? All Nintendo games?

Even if it's not that good, they'll give good reviews, just like they did to Bioshock Infinite, The Phantom Pain and Fallout 4. The hype alone will be enough to give lots of 10s, even Skyward Sword got good reviews (93 on Meta). So I expect something around 93-95, because there are still some cynical reviewers around that will stop this game from getting 98 or something.

I see two scenarios. Most reviewers wil love it, because let's face it. it's an excellent game, but in the other hand many reviewers will trash him, because they're haters and that will damage its general score, but to be honest I see the game getting lots of 100s!

Naum said:
really... people have voted 60% or under??

There are lots of haters.

jardesonbarbosa said:
Even if it's not that good, they'll give good reviews, just like they did to Bioshock Infinite, The Phantom Pain and Fallout 4. The hype alone will be enough to give lots of 10s, even Skyward Sword got good reviews (93 on Meta). So I expect something around 93-95, because there are still some cynical reviewers around that will stop this game from getting 98 or something.

I love Skyward Sword, It's my second favorite Zelda game, I never understood the for it. You don't need to give the reasons why you don't like I have read them many times. About the cynical reviewers, completely agreed!