By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Breath of the Wild - We can probably say its place in the timeline is... (SPOILER inside)

Wyrdness said:
SegataSanshiro said:

But they did akknowledge it back with OoT so you are wrong. I will believe Aonuma said about WW over you any day.

Acknowledging fan effort and making it canon aren't the same thing mate.

No they specifically talked TIMELINE . I still have the magazines. Had nothing to do with fans at all. They were specifially talking about OoT and the timeline for themselves. Wind Waker specifically mentions Hero of Time. Wasn't until after WW timelines became a hotly fan debated thing. There is literally nothing you can dispute you just keep saying fan stuff but you ar epulling stuff from thin air and I am quoting the developers themself. Nothing you can dispute and I am not going to argues this anymore. I won't even respond to you from now on regarding this. I won't even read it. So don't bother.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:

No they specifically talked TIMELINE . I still have the magazines. Had nothing to do with fans at all. They were specifially talking about OoT and the timeline for themselves. Wind Waker specifically mentions Hero of Time. Wasn't until after WW timelines became a hotly fan debated thing. There is literally nothing you can dispute you just keep saying fan stuff but you ar epulling stuff from thin air and I am quoting the developers themself. Nothing you can dispute and I am not going to argues this anymore. I won't even respond to you from now on regarding this. I won't even read it. So don't bother.

Whoopee WW mentioned previous events so, don't give a shit about your aggressive tone either I'll respond whether you like it or not? A timeline wasn't a fully realized thing until SS was arriving before that each game was pretty much doing their own thing, why do you think they had to do a three way split to begin with, it's the only way to make sense of all the events. The was no canon timeline for all the games until SS hence why every game's lore is now designed around events of other games unlike before.

In the end considering it is a title that should be self contained does it matter?

The hints have been mostly toward a reimagined Legend of Zelda. Not only has it been the primary inspiration, but they went the distance to remake scenes from the original concept art.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Hiku said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Trying to figure out what you guys are arguing about.
What does Zora evolving into Rito say about where BotW fits in the timeline?
Miyamoto and Aonuma confirmed that it is after OOT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qApEgUxp58k
And we see both Zora and Rito in Breath of the Wild.

Speaking of which, I think there is an important hint there.
If you notice how confidently they both confirm that it takes place after OOT, seemingly without pausing to think, that may be a hint that not only is this after OOT, but it has some direct connection to it, in order for them to so confidently confirm it without thinking about where exactly OOT is in the timeline, etc.

Yeah I know. But the original question was from anothe rposter in Wind Waker where did the Zora go and the answer was direct. The Zora from OoT evolve dinto the Rito IN  The Wind Waker according to Aonuma himself. It wa sunrelated to Botw at all.