By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

RolStoppable said:
Bandorr said:

Compare

"In addition, in the U.S., Xbox One had its best January to date and was the only eighth generation console that saw growth in January compared to the prior year according to NPD Group"

Which gives us the same info to

"Xbox One sales grew year-over-year in January, something that cannot be said for the PS4, according to Microsoft."

One is far more mature than the other.

Which one is more mature?

the one that isn't a reaction to the sales.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
VGPolyglot said:
I predict that the PS4 won.

Thats a very flawed prediction.... the XB1s has 4k blu-ray and momentum and even with the PS4 having a PS4 and another more expensive PS4 it could barely beat XB1 in novemeber and december. No way the PS4 wins january. Again.... XB1s momentum.

Also.... tag!!!!!!

How stupid do you feel right now?

Moderated ~ CGI

Shadow1980 said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Loo @ people thinking ps4 already peaked in 2016 that had soo little big exclusives besides ratchet and uncharted.
300 is just to expensive come on system is in its 4th year and only dropped 100?! And still selling amazingly.

Sony needs to drop it to 250 asap.

Also a extra lol@ thinking usa= the world japan is up yoy/gog and maybe europe also?!

While it remains to be seen what effects, if any, a permanent cut to $250 for the Slim will have, there is plenty of reason to think that the PS4 may have passed its peak in the U.S. The most obvious piece of evidence is that it was selling better at $350 than the Slim has at $300. Now, back in September and October you could have argued that Pro preorders were eating into the PS4's sales, and it would have made sense, but then the holidays happened. Even with temporary price cuts to $250 for the Slim and the release of the Pro, during the holidays the PS4 was down over 28% YoY in November (which was a bad month overall; even the XBO was way down) and was roughly flat YoY in December. And now it's down YoY in January. The Slim and Pro have done nothing to boost sales in the U.S., the first time such notable hardware revisions to a major console have failed to do anything for sales.

There's really only two conclusions: 1) The PS4 peaked in the U.S. in 2015, or 2) $300 wasn't cheap enough for the Slim. The first test for option #2 was this past holiday season, which wasn't encouraging. The next test will be this month with the 2-week price cut to $250.

It would be a absolute  disgrace  if a 350-300 dollars sytem  already  peaked with such a small amount  of big exclusives. 

Especially  when soo many great games are coming  out this year+ a 200 ps4 and i bet a 350-300 pro.

I just can't  see  it already  peaked. 

Sony won't  allow it.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Deadpoolio said:
Intrinsic said:

Thats a very flawed prediction.... the XB1s has 4k blu-ray and momentum and even with the PS4 having a PS4 and another more expensive PS4 it could barely beat XB1 in novemeber and december. No way the PS4 wins january. Again.... XB1s momentum.

Also.... tag!!!!!!

Lol you must be a genuine newbie here. Hint...Sarcasm. Well at least your not an alt account.. :)

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

PS4 claims #1 thanks to KH 0.2 BBS.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

All sony's first party and the major third party console movers (outside call of duty) has not made an appearance yet this gen.

What kind of nonsense is this?

PS4 has Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, FIFA, Madden, NBA 2K, Fallout, Battlefield, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Titanfall, Uncharted, Last of Us, Need for Speed, Dragon Age, Batman: Arkham, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Dishonored, Wolfenstein, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, The Order, InFamous, Mortal Kombat, DriveClub, Ratchet & Clank, Rainbow Six, Doom, Tomb Raider, Star Wars: Battlefront, Overwatch, The Witcher, The Division, Mafia, Dying Light, Just Cause, Evil Within, Diablo, The Crew, Until Dawn, etc.

There is no way you honestly believe what you just said.

You would say this, being that you conveniently cherry picked what I said to begine with. But look at the stuff I bolded. 

Intrinsic said:

I also think people are forgetting that games like RDR2 or GTA6 or Gran Turismo and God of war are yet to release this year. Simply put, the PS4 has been riding on the backs of new Ips and one or two stellar older Ips. All sony's first party and the major third party console movers (outside call of duty) has not made an appearance yet this gen.

Now the part I bolded in my own post gives context to the part you quoted and talked about. I never said the PS4 has not got a lot of games on it,and while a lot of games being on a platform is great.... not all of them are what you will call hardware movers. So making a long list of games doesn't really count.

I simply pointed out that its coasting on a lot of new IPs now (hence what I bolded) and a few continuing older ones. I also pointed out that it still has some big hardware moving software yet to come. e.g Gran Turismo, Grand theft auto 6. So I think you misunderstood the point I was making.

Intrinsic said:

I also think people are forgetting that games like RDR2 or GTA6 or Gran Turismo and God of war are yet to release this year.

Player2 said:
Intrinsic said:

I also think people are forgetting that games like RDR2 or GTA6 or Gran Turismo and God of war are yet to release this year.

Lol... obviously its not coming this year. Honestly I'm not even ure if its coming this generation. I was just point out that this year we are gonna have a much better software lineup than last year though. 

Deadpoolio said:
Intrinsic said:

Also.... tag!!!!!!

Nothing goes over your head.

Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

What kind of nonsense is this?

PS4 has Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, FIFA, Madden, NBA 2K, Fallout, Battlefield, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Titanfall, Uncharted, Last of Us, Need for Speed, Dragon Age, Batman: Arkham, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Dishonored, Wolfenstein, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, The Order, InFamous, Mortal Kombat, DriveClub, Ratchet & Clank, Rainbow Six, Doom, Tomb Raider, Star Wars: Battlefront, Overwatch, The Witcher, The Division, Mafia, Dying Light, Just Cause, Evil Within, Diablo, The Crew, Until Dawn, etc.

There is no way you honestly believe what you just said.

You would say this, being that you conveniently cherry picked what I said to begine with. But look at the stuff I bolded. 

Intrinsic said:

I also think people are forgetting that games like RDR2 or GTA6 or Gran Turismo and God of war are yet to release this year. Simply put, the PS4 has been riding on the backs of new Ips and one or two stellar older Ips. All sony's first party and the major third party console movers (outside call of duty) has not made an appearance yet this gen.

Now the part I bolded in my own post gives context to the part you quoted and talked about. I never said the PS4 has not got a lot of games on it,and while a lot of games being on a platform is great.... not all of them are what you will call hardware movers. So making a long list of games doesn't really count.

I simply pointed out that its coasting on a lot of new IPs now (hence what I bolded) and a few continuing older ones. I also pointed out that it still has some big hardware moving software yet to come. e.g Gran Turismo, Grand theft auto 6. So I think you misunderstood the point I was making.

Nope, if anyone is cherry picking it is you. The basis of your post I quoted is that PS4 is selling while lacking major hits, which is simply not true as almost every game I listed is a mulitmillion seller.

Being a new IP is not a valid argument as Destiny, Watch Dogs & The Division have each sold over 4 million on PS4 and Bloodborne, Overwatch, Dying Light have each sold over 2 million on PS4. To pretend those arent system movers is cherrypicking.

You also said it has one or two stellar older IP, again that is false. Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Madden, FIFA, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Mortal Kombat, Final Fantasy, Need for Speed, Street Fighter, Fallout, Battlefield, Far Cry, Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham were some of the biggest games of last generation.

You also said none of Sony's first party games have made an appearance, again a false statement. Uncharted, Last of Us, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, InFamous are some of Sony's biggest 1st party IP and are on PS4 while Bloodborne & Bloodborne are big new 1st party IP.

That's why I'm saying your post is nonsense, PS4 has a ton of mulitmillion selling franchises. Obviously it still has some major system movers yet to release like the ones you previously listed but to pretend PS4 is lacking in the system movers department is nonsense.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.