By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch doesn't have a "Triangle" button

maxleresistant said:
When I'm comparing a system, I compare it first with the previous one made by the same manufacturer.

And sorry, but besides being a handheld, the Switch brings nothing new in comparison with the WiiU.

In many ways it actually does less.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Alkibiádēs said:
These topics are indeed annoying. Where are the following threads:

- PS4/X1 controllers don't have HD rumble.
- PS4/X1 controllers don't have a motion IR camera.
- PS4/X1 controllers don't have an NFC chip.
- PS4/X1 can't be played on the go.
- PS4/X1 don't have touch screens.
- PS4/X1 don't come with two controllers right out of the box.
- PS4/X1 don't have detachable controllers.

People need to accept that the Switch is a different console.

See the thing is, people have to want these features. If one of the features of the X1 was that it randomly released putrid smells into the air while playing, no one would be "where is the PS4's fart feature? Sony has let us down!". The complaints about the Switch lacking this and that is because these are features people want, these are features people expect from a console in 2017. Many of the people complaining about the Switch missing features would gladly trade most if not all of the features you listed as an "advantage" for the features that are important to them.

I want all these features. HD rumble and playing on the go is far more exciting to me than a stupid headphone jack. And many people are hyped for the Switch and its portability. But sure, a headphone jack or internet browser is more wanted... whatever you say... 

I'll get to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Breath of the Wild on the go while commuting for work. That just blows my mind. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
potato_hamster said:

See the thing is, people have to want these features. If one of the features of the X1 was that it randomly released putrid smells into the air while playing, no one would be "where is the PS4's fart feature? Sony has let us down!". The complaints about the Switch lacking this and that is because these are features people want, these are features people expect from a console in 2017. Many of the people complaining about the Switch missing features would gladly trade most if not all of the features you listed as an "advantage" for the features that are important to them.

I want all these features. HD rumble and playing on the go is far more exciting to me than a stupid headphone jack. And many people are hyped for the Switch and its portability. But sure, a headphone jack or internet browser is more wanted... whatever you say... 

I'll get to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Breath of the Wild on the go while commuting for work. That just blows my mind. 

See here is the problem Alki. You don't speak on behalf of mankind. You don't even speak on behalf of the gaming community. You want these features? Wonderful. Congrats. Many people do not want those features. Some people, in fact, would trade all of those features for a headphone jack or a web browser, or a chat feature that doesn't require a phone app. And they're not wrong for thinking that any more than you're not wrong for wanting all of those features, and not caring for web browsers or headphone jacks or phone app chat features.

You have been able to play Mario Kart and Zelda on the go for years now. I guess you're more easily impressed than I am. But hey, to each their own right?

Yada yada yada. If what you say is true, nintendo wont bother to add those features in the future. Even Nintendo acknowledge the need for those apps, ie: giving more ports to compensate the lack of bc, releasing web browser & voice chat in the future. It's not abt nintendo being unique or anything; it's abt not overcomplicating stuffs that already work pretty damn well in the past.

It's pretty apparent switch is not ready for march launch. And you're just here to defend this bad practice of releasing half-baked product.

potato_hamster said:
Alkibiádēs said:

See here is the problem Alki. You don't speak on behalf of mankind. You don't even speak on behalf of the gaming community. You want these features? Wonderful. Congrats. Many people do not want those features. Some people, in fact, would trade all of those features for a headphone jack or a web browser, or a chat feature that doesn't require a phone app. And they're not wrong for thinking that any more than you're not wrong for wanting all of those features, and not caring for web browsers or headphone jacks or phone app chat features.

You have been able to play Mario Kart and Zelda on the go for years now. I guess you're more easily impressed than I am. But hey, to each their own right?

Well, you don't speak on behalf of mankind, or even the target groups that Nintendo is aiming with Switch. I'm sure they have a bit more experience in hardware decisions and research abilities than regular couch experts.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Alkibiádēs said:
These topics are indeed annoying. Where are the following threads:

- PS4/X1 controllers don't have HD rumble.
- PS4/X1 controllers don't have a motion IR camera.
- PS4/X1 controllers don't have an NFC chip.
- PS4/X1 can't be played on the go.
- PS4/X1 don't have touch screens.
- PS4/X1 don't come with two controllers right out of the box.
- PS4/X1 don't have detachable controllers.

People need to accept that the Switch is a different console.

The X1 actually had one of the biggest features any console had. Kinect. Remember it? Me neither. Nobody ever asked for the same thing in the PS4 box, strangely...

Can it play the games I want to play? That's my top concern.

Pemalite said:

And the PC simply just has everything.

Just about, yeah.

Bandorr said:
d21lewis said:

That's okay. I can be a little hard to understand, sometimes. 

My point is that people are criticising the Nintendo Switch for every little feature that it doesn't offer. It offers a lot. If a certain missing feature is that important, vote with your wallet and don't buy it.

At the same time, don't attack the Switch for not having certain features at launch unless you're willing to acknowledge that other consoles have done the same. If they get a free pass, then so should Nintendo. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

And, above all, don't be one of those people who criticise other consoles just because they aren't your brand of choice.

Hope that clears it up for you. 

The issue though is -some of those complaints are valid.

Now having a browser IS valid.  Being unable to sign on or use any variation of the internet because you can't login is valid. 

And the PRO CONTROLLER not having a headphone jack is also valid.  It is a basic feature that the xbox and ps4 had 4 years ago (3 and X months).  Not to mention I spent a good amount of time gaming on a monitor with no speakers.  So yes it is annoying.

The same with being annoyed at having to do voice chat through an app on the phone.

True. Some of them are really disappointing. The web browser is one that really hit close to home for me.

Xbox One didn't get a headphone jack until mid 2015, though. Just saying.

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

Funny enough, BC is a concept that only exists because consoles are so terrible.

But PC have BC...

That's not BC. That's just C.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

joora said:
potato_hamster said:

Well, you don't speak on behalf of mankind, or even the target groups that Nintendo is aiming with Switch. I'm sure they have a bit more experience in hardware decisions and research abilities than regular couch experts.

I didn't claim to speak on behalf of mankind, I was simply pointing out that many people have different gaming needs outside of what Alki sees as their own needs. As for your Nintendo argument, I just have two words for you: Wii U. Their experience and research really paid off there didn't it?