By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch doesn't have a "Triangle" button

Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:

I'm going to refer you to a scenario I described earlier in this thread.

Person A: "Man, I don't like it that the Switch doesn't have ___."

Person B: "Yeah, But I don't care about that thing, so it doesn't matter."

Person A: "Well...but I do, and it sucks that it doesn't have it."

Person B: "God! Would you stop attacking the Switch! It's not like you were ever going to get one!"

Just because you don't care about a missing feature doesn't mean it doesn't matter to someone else.

You just don't like hearing about peoples issues with something you're excited for.

No, I don't like people complaining about stuff that doesn't matter to anyone in the real world. Complain about the price of the accesories, or the fact that 1-2 Switch isn't bundled in, because those are actually legitimate complaints.

Not having a Netflix app or headphone jack isn't a problem in this day and age.

"Just because you don't care about a missing feature doesn't mean it doesn't matter to someone else."

It was right there in the post and you still responded by saying that other peoples complaints weren't valid.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Alkibiádēs said:

No, I don't like people complaining about stuff that doesn't matter to anyone in the real world. Complain about the price of the accesories, or the fact that 1-2 Switch isn't bundled in, because those are actually legitimate complaints.

Not having a Netflix app or headphone jack isn't a problem in this day and age.

"Just because you don't care about a missing feature doesn't mean it doesn't matter to someone else."

It was right there in the post and you still responded by saying that other peoples complaints weren't valid.

There are plenty of alternatives for those "problems", so nobody should care. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:

Wow. No one is allowed to be dissapointed about something that dissapoints them anymore.

You want this feature? Well we're not putting it in. You shouldn't care about it, so it's your fault.

Stop telling people what they should and shouldn't care about.

Barkley said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Wow. No one is allowed to be dissapointed about something that dissapoints them anymore.

You want this feature? Well we're not putting it in. You shouldn't care about it, so it's your fault.

Stop telling people what they should and shouldn't care about.

People who make topics complaining about the Switch not having a Netflix app were never truthfully going to buy it. 

Alkibiádēs said:

People who make topics complaining about the Switch not having a Netflix app were never truthfully going to buy it.

Yet I'm going to buy one and am sure to complain about the lack of a headphone jack.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

Alkibiádēs said:

Yet I'm going to buy one and am sure to complain about the lack of a headphone jack.

You should be thankful it opened the path to you for wireless headphones. ;)

Alkibiádēs said:
Barkley said:

PS4 introduced me to that with the great inclusion of a headphone jack on a WIRELESS controller, it essentially accomplishes the same thing. Just with the convenience of not having to charge them or pair them. I prefer earbuds to headphones anyway, and wireless earbuds are in general either uncomfortable, low-battery life or expensive.

Barkley said:
Alkibiádēs said:

PS4 introduced me to that with the great inclusion of a headphone jack on a WIRELESS controller, it essentially accomplishes the same thing. Just with the convenience of not having to charge them or pair them. I prefer earbuds to headphones anyway, and wireless earbuds are in general either uncomfortable, low-battery life or expensive.

Not really, the wire between the Wii controller and the nunchuck still bothered me a lot and I'm glad the joycons got rid of that. 

Earbuds are generally uncomfortable, headphones are much better imo. My ears start hurting from wearing earbuds for too long. 

Alkibiádēs said:
Barkley said:

Not really, the wire between the Wii controller and the nunchuck still bothered me a lot and I'm glad the joycons got rid of that. 

Earbuds are generally uncomfortable, headphones are much better imo. My ears start hurting from wearing earbuds for too long. 

Really? I'm the opposite, headphones generally make my ears hurt because they squash em, the most comfortable headphones I ever had still caused problems after 3+ hours.

Earphones I have em in practically 24/7.

The Wire between the Wii controller and Nunchuck was annyoing, but also a completely different issue. You can't equate tethering your hands together for motion controls equivelent to having earphones plugged into a singular controller you're holding.

Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:

Person A: "Man, I don't like it that the Switch doesn't have ___."

Person B: "Yeah, But I don't care about that thing, so it doesn't matter."

Person A: "Well...but I do, and it sucks that it doesn't have it."

Person B: "God! Would you stop attacking the Switch! It's not like you were ever going to get one!"

This is literally the conversation that's playing out. You even jumped to the last line in a response to someone else.

"People who make topics complaining about the Switch not having a Netflix app were never truthfully going to buy it."

Don't you think that maybe you're excitement for the Switch is blinding you from being empathetic about issues other people have with it? Isn't it possible that you're being a tiny bit unreasonable?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.