By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch pro controller has no headphones port, disapointing

NATO said:
Alkibiádēs said:

And you can still do that if you want...

People still use wired headphones these days? 

Lol. 10 AD called, they want their technology back. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
NATO said:
Alkibiádēs said:

And you can still do that if you want...

Awesome diagram. Headphone socket is switched off in dock mode. That cable needs to go to the tv.

Alkibiádēs said:
NATO said:

I don't know, they still release tablets without browsers, maybe it's still 10 AD.

Alkibiádēs said:

I'm using them right now.

NATO said:
Alkibiádēs said:

I don't know, they still release tablets without browsers, maybe it's still 10 AD.

So not only do you use internet browsers on home consoles, but also wired headphones? What's next? Wired controllers?

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
NATO said:

So not only do you use internet browsers on home consoles, but also wired headphones? What's next? Wired controllers?

Show me another home console by PlayStation, Xbox or Nintendo that's a tablet.

Then show me a single tablet owner that doesn't use it for browsing the web.

Good luck.

Alkibiádēs said:
NATO said:

So you think Wired Earphones are outdated?

But a 400GFlop "home console" without Analog Triggers isn't?

NATO said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Show me another home console by PlayStation, Xbox or Nintendo that's a tablet.

Then show me a single tablet owner that doesn't use it for browsing the web.

Good luck.

It's a decicated gaming system, people buy those to play games. I know, shocking, right?

A browser will come eventually, it's literally no big deal at all. 

Unless the Switch has 4G I doubt an interet browser would be used much. 

Barkley said:
Alkibiádēs said:

So you think Wired Earphones are outdated?

But a 400GFlop "home console" without Analog Triggers isn't?

It's a handheld as well, so no, it's not outdated. Unless you can point me to a handheld console that can smoothly play games like Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Skyrim on the go. 

And why should I care about analog triggers? I didn't notice it was gone during the Wii or Wii U days. The way the Switch works they could easily make those later anyway. That's the big benefit of detachable controllers. If they ever release GC VC I think they will also release Gamecube-inspired joycons. And people will love it. 

d21lewis said:
I'm tempted to make a "Switch has No Circle Button" thread. Or better yet, a "Switch is not a PS4/Xbox One" thread.

We gamers have a track record of taking anything one console has that another doesn't and making a big deal out of it. PS3 has no cross game chat? BOOOO! Sometimes it's legit but most of the time, it is a non issue. It's just bragging rights. Remember, there as a time when PS4 and WiiU had headphone jacks and Xbox One didn't. There was (technically, there still is until the next update) a time when WiiU and Xbox One had external HDD support and PS4 didn't.

Stones and glass houses.

I take your point to a degree but sometimes the failings are really annoying and sometimes minor. The PS4 has had an upgradable hdd option from the beginning and I replaced mine with a 1TB drive I had spare as the original 500GB version was too small. So the PS4 had an alternative and I would say superior option and as you say will feature external hdd support soon anyway. Also Microsoft addressed the issue with their controller and made a superior version to solve that issue. I really don't think there is much to complain about with either Sony or Microsoft products but Nintendo can't seem to get the basic's right. They are quite eccentric designs which haven't evolved very well. Sometimes they take 1 step forward but take 2 steps backward somewhere else. I honestly thought the Switch would have analogue triggers because people moaned about the lack of them on wii u plus VC gamecube compatibility was mentioned which needs them.