By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch pro controller has no headphones port, disapointing

yet they sell licensed earphones with mic...guess it's meant to go on the smartphone..

Around the Network

There is already so much technology in it that there is simply no room for a jack.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
There is already so much technology in it that there is simply no room for a jack.

Do you have a link to your teardown of the pro controller?

You could probably get the whole Tegra chipset in there if you had to being a mobile chipset. 

Nintendo classic cost cutting I would of thought. Never let a useful feature get in the way of a 20c cost saving.

bonzobanana said:
vivster said:

Do you have a link to your teardown of the pro controller?

You could probably get the whole Tegra chipset in there if you had to being a mobile chipset. 

Nintendo classic cost cutting I would of thought. Never let a useful feature get in the way of a 20c cost saving.

That's just mean anti Nintendo talk. There is just no way that Nintendo would omit such an important feature if it was physically possible.

Also that feature is so useless nobody uses it anyways. Good for Nintendo that they don't make the customer pay $30 just for a useless feature.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That is disappointing, that's probably the most useful addition to controllers this generation for me.

Around the Network

I'm tempted to make a "Switch has No Circle Button" thread. Or better yet, a "Switch is not a PS4/Xbox One" thread.

*And so, he did*

Alkibiádēs said:
Aerys said:

Were obviously talking about thé home console mode here

And you can still do that if you want...

NATO said:
Alkibiádēs said:

And you can still do that if you want...

You made me spit my breakfast goddammit^^

RolStoppable said:
If you cared a lot about sound in video games, wouldn't you take a surround system over headphones?

Sure, hold on a sec while I connect the SPDIF, oh wait..

thismeintiel said:
So, the controller is $10 more than the DS4 and XBO controllers, yet doesn't feature analog triggers or a headphone jack, one of which was standard last gen and the other a standard this gen? Nintendo truly are price gouging its loyal fanbase with the Switch.

But but but HD Rumble!