By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I can trust Nintendo's 1st party support with the Switch

Tagged games:

Some people lost their trust with Nintendo after the WiiU, because of bad support (porting some of the WiiU's only good games to other systems [like the 3DS or Switch] or because the system did not get 3rd party support that it needed). 

However from what we've seen, the Nintendo Switch is a hybrid console that will be Nintendo's main console & handheld system for the next few years, so they are focusing all of their game development on 1 system instead of 2 systems!

With the Switch there can not be any issues of:

-Animal Crossing on the 3DS but not the WiiU

-3 Fire Emblem games on 3DS but not WiiU

-Other games that were on 3DS but not WiiU / vice-versa

And now we can (maybe) see with the Switch:

-Another console monster hunter

-Mainline Console Pokemon game

-No abandoning 1st party support (like the Wiiu)

Nintendo can now focus all their first party support on 1 console! Something that hasn't been done since 1988!

And, now you don't have to own 2 different Nintendo systems (console & handheld) to get all of the Nintendo exclusives. With the Nintendo Switch all the games are on 1 system, they can't abandon support.

Around the Network

It just me pointing out some stuff about the Switch that I haven't seen other people talk about.

Well they are still making games for mobile, so I don't know...

This will be Nintendo's only platform moving forward instead of being split between two platforms... It better be.

KLXVER said:
Well they are still making games for mobile, so I don't know...

Mobile games don't take alot of development time and Nintendo said they plan to release just 2-3 mobile games a year

Around the Network

Well, I mean, sure, I agree, but they should be able to give support to the Switch without commiting suicide in the handheld market.

mZuzek said:
Jpcc86 said:
Well, I mean, sure, I agree, but they should be able to give support to the Switch without commiting suicide in the handheld market.

How is it suicide, though? The Switch is a handheld after all.

Its gonna invariably replace the 3ds, but even tho The Switch is a portable console it has the price of a home console with home-console priced games as well.  So - I believe - the idea that the 3ds fanbase is gonna simply... Switch (wink) to the Switch is a bit too much hopeful thinking. 

Switch will be well supported by Nintendo's 1st party, and that's why I think Kimishima is so smug right now. He knows that Nintendo, united, can really churn out tons of great content on the Switch and I think we'll see the floodgates open in E3 2017.

Jpcc86 said:
mZuzek said:

How is it suicide, though? The Switch is a handheld after all.

Its gonna invariably replace the 3ds, but even tho The Switch is a portable console it has the price of a home console with home-console priced games as well.  So - I believe - the idea that the 3ds fanbase is gonna simply... Switch (wink) to the Switch is a bit too much hopeful thinking. 

Because consoles can't drop in price or get cheaper revisions? 

So you want them to release a weaker handheld for a cheaper price? But a weaker handheld wouldn't last as long as a more powerful handheld as it would be outdated sooner. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Jpcc86 said:

Because consoles can't drop in price or get cheaper revisions? 

So you want them to release a weaker handheld for a cheaper price? But a weaker handheld wouldn't last as long as a more powerful handheld as it would be outdated sooner. 

I absolutely have no idea what you are talking about. I simply said that supporting one console shouldn't mean to stop supporting your other console - which is the point the OP makes in this post with the comparison of the WiiU with the 3ds support.  Whatever happens during the lifetime of a console is besides my point.