By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Man, 3-1 sucks.

First, the Thunder blew it in the Western Conference Finals. 
Then the Warriors blew it in the NBA Finals.
Then the Indians in the World Series
Now the Falcons blow a 28-9 lead, which is essentialy the equivalent of 3-1, in the 4th quarter. 

If there's anything we have all learned from sports in this last year, it's this:
"It ain't over until it's over."

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

First, the Thunder blew it in the Western Conference Finals. 
Then the Warriors blew it in the NBA Finals.
Then the Indians in the World Series
Now the Falcons blow a 28-9 lead, which is essentialy the equivalent of 3-1, in the 4th quarter. 

If there's anything we have all learned from sports in this last year, it's this:
"It ain't over until it's over."

Shit happens.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Can't wait to see the Warriors lose again.

Warriors should be happy, now people will refer to Atlanta with their "they blew a lead" jokes

Nah, they'll still be the butt of all jokes... unless the just utterly annihalate and destroy LeBron and the Cavs in the Finals in a 4--0 sweep, which.... yeah no, not gonna happen.

Around the Network

This is very common in football. It's no that strange to see one team scoring two goals to tie the game or three to win it.

monocle_layton said:
Can't wait to see the Warriors lose again.

Me also what would be even better if the Spurs would represent the west instead.

This one was the best comeback out of those especially since they had to convert two two point conversions to take the game into overtime.

My friend brought up the idea of the 3 goal lead being the worst to have in hockey while we were watching tonight. I don't fully agree with his concept, but he made some good points. Three!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Fuchigole said:
This is very common in football. It's no that strange to see one team scoring two goals to tie the game or three to win it.

While I can't speak for what the rest of the world calls football, overcoming a deficit this large in American football is incredibly rare. NFL teams down by 25 points or more are 3-191 since 2001. 10 points (2 possessions) was the largest comeback in Super Bowl history before yesterday. And while 3-1 deficits have been overcome before in baseball and basketball, those are pretty rare as well. To have three comebacks like this in American professional sports in the same year is unprecedented.