By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Super Bowl LI: RIP Falcons (and monocle_layton)

This is the first super bowl I've watched where I know what's going on

Quite shocking to see such a blowout. Jeez, what happened?

3-28 with a lot of time left in the third. Let's hope it doesn't get worse.

Edit: wow, what a game. Didn't favor a side, so the game was very enjoyable. Decent commercials too. What a twist 

Edit 2: Geez people, I have realized that I'm not exactly a football expert. Time to hide in a ditch for a month so i can return to the place with some dignity. But the one thing I don't understand is what exactly happened to the falcons. I have only watched one football game this year, so can anyone provide any sort of explanation? They went from making plans to holding the ball down without a reason. They also chose to attempt to pass instead of running, leading to the fumble. 

Also, why does OT turn into a sudden death? Wouldn't it be more exciting to let it simply be a normal quarter?  Ah, I could care less. Not like I even know any of the teams enough to like or hate them. The only winner is Nintendo for that badass Switch commercial. FTW!

See you all after Valetines. Hopefully then I can return when everyone feels like a loser (since 99% of people on here are single and lonely).

Around the Network

Anything can happen...but I hope it doesn't! SO GLAD SO FAR, YESH!!!!

You got a time machine? Super Bowl 6?

thismeintiel said:
You got a time machine? Super Bowl 6?

Whoops. Time to change that 

BotW commercial! Game highlight for me lol.

Around the Network

That BOTW/Switch commercial felt like it was over almost as soon as it started. I think Nintendo should have opted for a longer one. Definitely didn't answer any questions some still have and it may just cause some for casual gamers. Can't believe how vague Nintendo has been on some things with just a month away.

thismeintiel said:
That BOTW/Switch commercial felt like it was over almost as soon as it started. I think Nintendo should have opted for a longer one. Definitely didn't answer any questions some still have and it may just cause some for casual gamers. Can't believe how vague Nintendo has been on some things with just a month away.

I mean that 30 second ad slot cost them over 5 million dollars, any longer and they'd be bankrupt at those prices. Besides it looked pretty clear to me, you can play on the handheld and play on the TV what else is the there to show?

Green098 said:
thismeintiel said:

I mean that 30 second ad slot cost them over 5 million dollars, any longer and they'd be bankrupt at those prices. Besides it looked pretty clear to me, you can play on the handheld and play on the TV what else is the there to show?

I highly doubt that was a full 30 secs.  Felt more like 15 to me.

The comeback is coming i say

WHAT A CATCH!