By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Super Bowl LI: RIP Falcons (and monocle_layton)

benji232 said:
Lol, winning the Superbowl on a coinflip. What a crappy ending to an otherwise fantastic match.

Falcons dug their grave long before Overtime.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

I guess Tom Brady really wanted to meet Donald Trump in the White House.

IkePoR said:
benji232 said:
Lol, winning the Superbowl on a coinflip. What a crappy ending to an otherwise fantastic match.

Thats not the point, the point is it was an anti-climatic ending to a great match. I don't care who won. It was just a crappy ending... period. Winning such a prestegious championship as the Superbowl on a coin flip doesn't feel right at all.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

monocle_layton said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

Way to go Layton!

I seem to have jinxed all the Falcons fans. Oops.

Better run and hide before Falcon's fans come after you.

monocle_layton said:
Bandorr said:

I'd suggest changing the title of the thread to Super Bowl LI: Rip Monocle_Layton.

Because that is one hell of a "whoops" lol.

But I wasn't rooting for any team. ._.

I guess the only mistake I made was judging a bit early. I definitely was feeling like the game would be boring, but it quickly got exciting. An obvious improvement over last year's disappointing game. 

Now, allow me to hide for the next month so I can avoid being known as the man who jinxed and ruined everything.

You're gonna need a whole new fresh start, to feel like a new person.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
monocle_layton said:

I seem to have jinxed all the Falcons fans. Oops.

Better run and hide before Falcon's fans come after you.

DroidKnight said:
monocle_layton said:

But I wasn't rooting for any team. ._.

I guess the only mistake I made was judging a bit early. I definitely was feeling like the game would be boring, but it quickly got exciting. An obvious improvement over last year's disappointing game. 

Now, allow me to hide for the next month so I can avoid being known as the man who jinxed and ruined everything.

You're gonna need a whole new fresh start, to feel like a new person.

I like how no one bothered to criticize me when I ran a troll account, but now feel perfectly fine with burying my grave due to this.

Please people, I beg for mercy. I'm good at puzzles, not football games.

benji232 said:
IkePoR said:

Thats not the point, the point is it was an anti-climatic ending to a great match. I don't care who won. It was just a crappy ending... period. Winning such a prestegious championship as the Superbowl on a coin flip doesn't feel right at all.

No, that is exactly the point.  The Falcon's allowed a rally starting late in the 3rd quarter.  I don't have a horse in this race either but it wasn't "decided by a coinflip", it was decided by the better team winning.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

What bothers me is that if the Patriots made that 1-pointer, they wouldn't have even needed to enter OT.

A lot of cool plays from both sides though. At the end of the day, a good game is what matters most.

d21lewis said:
I choose to live in this alternate timeline where Atlanta won.

May I join you?

benji232 said:
IkePoR said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn the OT rule used to be that each team had a chance to have the ball.  Having it where only one time gets it just doesn't seem right.

IkePoR said:
benji232 said:

No, that is exactly the point.  The Falcon's allowed a rally starting late in the 3rd quarter.  I don't have a horse in this race either but it wasn't "decided by a coinflip", it was decided by the better team winning.  

The overtime winner WAS decided by a coinflip. Falcons didn't even get a throw in OT. So yes, the overtime was largely influenced by a coin flip. It isn't about the fact that the falcons let the Pats come back in this match. It's just that THAT ending in OT did not feel compelling at all as a viewer. And I know I'm not the only one. I'm not even a big football fan, I just felt like this could have been a much better ending if both teams had a shot in OT.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M