By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's a Video Game/Franchise that is dead you wish to bring back?

Maniac Mansion

Just the mention of the title should be explanatory enough for anyone with gaming experience spanning more than 20 years of gaming history.

The franchise never made the jump to 3D, and now with VR, I think there is a tremendous amount of game design ideas that could revitalize the genre and push it to absurd new heights.

Around the Network

I want the original Spyro trilogy to get the same treatment Crash is getting.

This little guy needs to make a comeback!

Grandia. The world has been a worse place without it.

A few years ago I would have said Shenmue 3 but thats happening now. Despite there being so many I would like, I instantly thought of Panzer Dragoon, maybe that series is perfect as it is but I think I'd like another one or at least a remastered collection. A new Metroid (either Prime or 2D) and Shining Soul 3 would make me happy too.

I'll leave it at that before I start an ever-growing wishlist with hundreds of entries like Gargoyles Quest 4, Clockwork Knight 3 and Medievil 3

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Knights of the Old Republic. It would actually make me stop my eternal boycot on games sporting the EA logo, if EA would finally let Bioware make KotOR 3, even if it would only be half as great as the other two games.

Also: I don't know how Zelda is eligible in this thread because it's anything but dead, but anyway; "Zelda Triforce Heroes of Four Swords sequel"? No. Allow me to puke. Those games shouldn't have existed in the first place because they're terrible. I would like a third Hero of Time game (you "Majora's Mask sequel"), at one point in life though.

Sigh... i will keep saying this even though its hopeless.

KOTOR 3,4.5,6 maybe more, already exist in SWTOR. It's the most single player MMO i know of and it's quite fun to play through at least the story on both factions.

What you want is a new star wars Bioware RPG. KOTOR and its sequals can't be remade just so you bother to looking at them. Want KOTOR sequals? Go play them. The first ones are even F2P i believe.

Road Rash
SOCOM

Viewtiful joe
KOTOR
Jedi Knight Jedi Academy maybe even combine KOTOR with it
Ninja Gaiden (Does this count?)
Uncharted Waters
Golden Sun
Prince of Persia
Chrono Trigger

Sonic Adventure, but not the adventure part just the chao's :D In fact we can probably get rid of the platforming too, and just give me a Chao Simulator ^.^

Megaman (No idea why Capcom has such trouble making another one. Quite frankly the game isn't meant to be a 60 dollar triple A budget game. All it really needs is some decent side scrolling visuals, Along with fast paced gameplay. Retailing at of course 19.99 similar to the strider game they released not to long ago.)

Jak N Daxter
Sly cooper
Left4dead
Spyro
Yoshi's Story
Katamari

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Tenchu

Spyro or another great 3d platformer which has been dead for a long time.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar