By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HDD shopping in advance of PS firmware 4.5? Portable, mains powered or multiple thumb drives?

Portable or mains powered?

Portable. (Max 3TB on budget 4 30.77%

Mains powered. (Max 5TB on budget) 4 30.77%

Makes no difference either way. 1 7.69%

Go for a SATA internal HD... 2 15.38%

Go for a SATA internal SS... 1 7.69%

Multiple flash drives in smaller data sizes. 1 7.69%

Total:13

You sold your pro? I'm sorry for your loss. But, I'd like all my stuff to be local. I'd much rather just upgrade the PS4 to 2, or 3TB and be done with it. That's just me, though. Would love if we could get music locally too.

Around the Network

I got a Seagate 4TB powered external for my Xbox One S. I've had no issues with it and it has been extremely reliable. And it only cost me $99 on a Amazon sale.

tagging

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I was considering upgrading my internal HDD in the pro to a SSD. But couldn't justify spending $200 for a 500GB SSD which was less than half of the storage capacity in the pro.

But now everything is different. Heres what I'm gonna do.

I'll spend $77 for the 250GB SSD from WD 

And then $110 for this 4TB HDD from WD

This way I can have an nternal SSD drive in the pro and put like 2-3 games on it at anytime, then have all my other games on the HDD. If there is  a game i  am playing a lot or going to play a lot, that goes ont the SSD.

Why is the Segeate so overpriced? You can get an Intenso for under 200€ with 5TB

https://www.amazon.de/Intenso-6031516-externe-Festplatte-5400rpm/dp/B00WT7Z156/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1486224308&sr=8-3&keywords=8TB&th=1

Around the Network

I bought a Mushkin Reactor 1TB SDD for around $200 when I bought my Pro. Installed it before I even turned the thing on for the first time at launch. It is a good value for the speeds it produces even for an SSD with a few years on it. Now that external HDD is supported I may consider grabbing one for extra storage to offload all these games.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Dont buy the thumb drives, it has to be a minimum of 250GB

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1