By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I predict switch will sell worse than wii u!

Miguel_Zorro said:
Carl2291 said:

Bumping old threads to gloat over someones predictions. 

I should ban you.

Celebrating good predictions and mocking bad ones is both accepted and encouraged here. :)

Mods moderating mods?!?! Cats and dogs living together! MASS HYSTERIA! It truly is a brave new world...

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

This post was started to get a reaction and it did just that. Good post.

Bandorr said:

I predict no one will take this thread seriously.

It isn't going to do wii numbers - but it will easily beat the wii U.

Wow, this was actually a decent prediction on both fronts.

That necrobump. Even my prediction wasn't nearly this bad xd.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I own a switch. To this day I don't feel the WiiU was worth my money. Within 6 months the switch is already worth it to me.

It is simple. Zelda, Mario Oddessy, and Xenoblade. Not to mention Mario Rabbids and Disgeaa which gave me a ton of value.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Barkley said:

That's very true starting his post with "geralt has a point" makes the rest of his post incredibly confusing, considering geralt didn't make a point beyond "15m is the maximum" and "3ds successor".

"Geralt has a point but I'm predicting over 500% more sales then he did." I'm not sure what "point" he is referring to.

Is like there is an emotinal side saying "I really don't want this to be succesful at all and I really hope it isn't" and a rational side saying "but dude, looking how things are going this will be totally succesful, there is little doubt about it" and he is still trying to make a balance between both. I'm confused tbh.

Yeah, because compared to the PS4 the Switch WILL look less successful. 80 million is "pretty good" if the competing console sells 130+ million. Even the PS3's sales seemed pretty good next to the Wii's 100+ million. Not that difficult to figure out.

The thing with Geralt. He made a point in the way that the Switch won't be AS huge as people say. I've read that people honestly think it will outsell the PS4 LT, which I just don't see that happening. Around 80 million is what I see it doing (I could actually see it doing less and the more I think about it the more I think it might actually do 40-60. I'll still stick with 80, though). And that's like my 90% prediction. I only stated that IF it does 100 million I would be impressed and that it would be the absolute max (considering how well it's being sold right now.) I think many people are assuming it will be HUGE based on the current trend. I just happen to think the current trend has no long term value, at least nowhere near on the same level as the PS4 where the thing just keeps on selling and selling...and well, selling no matter what. I'm starting to wonder who are these people actually buying the system.

So yeah, honestly...sorry for confusing you guys but I'm confused as to why you guys are so confused lol. 80 million isn't anything to rave home about. Many consoles have performed like this or close to it. It just doesn't seem impressive when the PS2 has done 150 million and the PS1 102. And those are TWO Sony consoles. I always have believed if the PS3 came out first (and sold for a little less) it could have done 100 million. It suffered because of the blu ray push, that's all.

<b>It's still expensive for what it is and both portability and battery runtime could be improved so even if the current model takes a small dip in sales I feel a later cheaper version based on an improved fabrication process will improve sales (I can't see it worsening them) and appeal to a wider audience. I could be wrong but its hard to see why people will buy less Switch's when it has a larger software library and is improved and cheaper. Great marketing and fantastic software has helped achieve very high Switch hardware sales already. Momentum seems good to me for future sales.</b>

It has no mainstream gimmick like the Wii had. I've always been on the side that the Wii was a bit of a fluke. Just came out at the right time and appealed to all the "wrong" people that had no attention to ever buying another console again lol. So yeah, the Switch just isn't that all around kick ass HOME console that you want as the centre of attention in the living room. I don't know, I guess that's just me and how I look at it though. I could be wrong. Every multiplat game will be home to the PS4.

Last edited by StreaK - on 16 January 2018

bigjon said:
I own a switch. To this day I don't feel the WiiU was worth my money. Within 6 months the switch is already worth it to me.

It is simple. Zelda, Mario Oddessy, and Xenoblade. Not to mention Mario Rabbids and Disgeaa which gave me a ton of value.

N64 had Ocarina of Time yet couldn't even compete with the PS1 in total sales. That is all N64 had was Zelda and Mario. Oh, and Goldeneye.

gr8 b8 m8.

Just sayin.

Of course it will be seen that way - I'm promoting the PS. What? Should I state the Switch will sell over 130 million even if I don't think it will happen? No one needs to be offended based on what I think. Some say the Switch will be HUGE, I say hell no....and BOOM. OMG, earthquale - HELP, someone is praising SONY's success.

(Note: I've noticed something, actually...people don't like it when one company is doing TOO good. I guess it's always best when there isn't a clear favourite in anything - music, television, gaming, etc.) People get too emotional. Too bad, they are just opinions.

There is still a way the OP could be right.
If alot of switches have now manufacture failures and NINTENDO is taking them back and pay them their money than the OP could have a chance to be right...