By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Jonathan Blow Speaks Out For Free Speech

NightDragon83 said:

Indeed. Next thing you know they'll start burning Milo and other conservative author's books as a protest against "fascism", all while having the irony of it all completely sail over their heads.

Speaking of books...

Well done, dummies. You've given this attention whore exactly what he wanted.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
VGPolyglot said:

Except they even admitted that they weren't communist, communism was only a goal, which was obviously a scam. I'm an anarcho-communist, I don't support the Leninist regimes, but even then if you studied them, you'd discover that they said that they were attempting to achieve communism, which means that they flat-out say that they were not at the point of communism. Now, I am well aware that the Soviet Union, Hungary, Poland, etc. were lyign when they said that they wanted to eventually reach communism, but it doesn't change the fact that they, even in a sea of propaganda, didn't even have the gall to say that they're communist.

And yet every "communist" revolution turns out exactly the same way. If I didn't know better I'd say that communism is impracticable, utopian nonsense that only has ever and only will ever result in tyranny.

But to my main point: if it's okay to punch fascists, why isn't it okay to punch communists?

No, it doesn't turn out every way: Catalonia and Western Ukraine has anarchist movements, but they were unfortunately crushed by either Francisco's fascist backed regime or Lenin/Stalin's totalitarian regime. Also, I fail to see how sending to concentration camps and gassing is equivalent to "punching communists" like you say.

badgenome said:
NightDragon83 said:

Indeed. Next thing you know they'll start burning Milo and other conservative author's books as a protest against "fascism", all while having the irony of it all completely sail over their heads.

Speaking of books...

Well done, dummies. You've given this attention whore exactly what he wanted.

Yes, 1984 is unfortunately truer to reality than many people think. I'm glad that many people have chosen to purchase George Orwell's book, as Orwell opposed both Hitler's fascist regime and Stalin's authoritarian regime.

VGPolyglot said:

No, it doesn't turn out every way: Catalonia and Western Ukraine has anarchist movements, but they were unfortunately crushed by either Francisco's fascist backed regime or Lenin/Stalin's totalitarian regime. Also, I fail to see how sending to concentration camps and gassing is equivalent to "punching communists" like you say.

Okay, so perhaps some small group of people can successfully achieve "real communism" for about two seconds before they all starve to death or are invaded and smashed. Either way, seems like a pretty shit system.

I didn't say anything about gassing anyone, so again: if it's okay to punch fascists to keep them from spewing their hateful nonsense, why isn't it okay to punch communists to keep them from spewing theirs?

This guy describes my sentiments exactly, except I actually agree with roughly 70% of Milo's rhetoric, and frankly am baffled by the supposed controversy.. And I'm a liberal for the record..

He uses some lude language and occsaional brash statements to draw people's attention amogst a cluttered field of speakers/activists/entertainers, but when you really LISTEN to him speak, and don't follow what the groupthink tells you you're supposed to think about him, he makes many highly intelligent, sensible, and eye openeing points. He also doesn't say anything nearly as offensive as your average comedian..

The idea that he's racist/sexist/hateful is laughable and anyone who says that about him, I immediately know they haven't listened to him. He is actually quite the opposite of a sexist/racist. He is challenging people of various groups to empower themselves by thinking and acting for themselves; to think critically and don't go along with the groupthink of your baked in identity just because conventional wisdom says you should. He is also for freedom of expression, and the completely free exchange of ideas, which opens up discourse and debate. Apparently these qualites are lost on the far left these days, which is why they they get confused and angry and lash out against him. The fact that he's a gay Jewish man with a black boyfriend, with many liberal fans, female fans, and fans of various races and backgrounds, only further enrages them, because it goes against their narrative.

The only way you could make the case of Milo being "racist" or "sexist" is if you equate BLM to ALL blacks and third wave feminism to ALL women, in which case YOU are the racist/sexist.. His main arguments is that those said groups are actually doing blacks and women more harm. He is also vocally opposed to Islam, but this is directed at the ideology, and not at the group practicing it. And it's a bit understandable in his case, as he's both gay, and part Jewish, and thus hated or at least looked down upon by a significant chunk of Islamists across the world by that merit alone.. 

I preordered his book the night of the Berkely fiasco, just as a middle finger to these far left fascists.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
badgenome said:
VGPolyglot said:

Okay, so perhaps some small group of people can successfully achieve "real communism" for about two seconds before they all starve to death or are invaded and smashed. Either way, seems like a pretty shit system.

I didn't say anything about gassing anyone, so again: if it's okay to punch fascists to keep them from spewing their hateful nonsense, why isn't it okay to punch communists to keep them from spewing theirs?

I don't see how being invaded and smashed is a symbol of a shit system. It's just a sign that authoritarian leaders feel threatened by them because they might have the same thing happen to them as well.

Also, the reason is that fascist ideology is forever violent: they won't stop, as they will either try to completely ethnically cleanse their region or keep trying to maintain an authoritarian regime. In communism, the revolution would be violent, but that's because many people would not just willingly give up their reign of oppression: why else would they have tanks? I generally support a peaceful, happy place, but as I said before, you can't be peaceful against a violent regime.

VGPolyglot said:

Also, the reason is that fascist ideology is forever violent: they won't stop, as they will either try to completely ethnically cleanse their region or keep trying to maintain an authoritarian regime. In communism, the revolution would be violent, but that's because many people would not just willingly give up their reign of oppression: why else would they have tanks? I generally support a peaceful, happy place, but as I said before, you can't be peaceful against a violent regime.

So fascists are bad because they want to purge all the undesirables forever and ever, but communists are okay because they promise to stop once they've purged all those of insufficient ideological purity?

badgenome said:
VGPolyglot said:

So fascists are bad because they want to purge all the undesirables forever and ever, but communists are okay because they promise to stop once they've purged all those of insufficient ideological purity?

What is worse: thinking that blacks, women and homosexuals are scum, or thinking that we should live in a society where people actually care about others and instead of personal profits we try to strive towards a society where everyone should succeed and be happy?

VGPolyglot said:

What is worse: thinking that blacks, women and homosexuals are scum, or thinking that we should live in a society where people actually care about others and instead of personal profits we try to strive towards a society where everyone should succeed and be happy?

When the end result is grinding everybody under foot forever, what's even the difference?

badgenome said:
VGPolyglot said:

When the end result is grinding everybody under foot forever, what's even the difference?

With all of the technology we have, how is it now possible? Instead of the trillions spent on military investments, imagine if that effort wasused to invest in technology to actually help people. I can understand why you're skeptical, but please just do a little bit of reading on your own and try to understand where we're coming from. I really do care about other people, that's why I'm so horrified when I see people being hated for things that they cannot even control, such as their race.