By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 has best games but......

I know selnor, he would never buy a ps3 over a 360 even if his life depends on it.

Thats all I have to contribute to this thread.

mM
Around the Network

Yes. The newer Falcon models (provided you KNOW you got a Falcon model) are much, much safer.

Go cruise on over to NeoGAF and view their "my Xbox 360 died, and I lived to tell the story" thread - it has thousands of X360 owners that had their X360s RROD. Guess what? Very VERY few are Falcons. Even though that forum is antecdoal evidence, it's the same kind of antecdotal evidence that pointed to the 360 having the problem in the first place.

And from what I've seen, a Falcon 360 will RROD about as much as PS3 will die, or a Wii will die. Is that safe enough for you?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I found the only device that lowers the 360 heat levels and makes RRoD almsot impossibe.

With all joking behind us, i think the newer 360's still get the RRoD but it has a lower chance of happening, plus you have the 3 year warranty, and the PS3 will have a price cut/bundle later this year so i would stick with the 360 for now.  The 360 also has Ninja gaiden, halo wars, fable, banjo and Gears all coming out this year.

I own a 360, but I got it refurbished (guess it had the RRoD), and i've been gaming on it for a minimum of 5 hours a day for 5 months and it has been fine. I have it in a wide open area, with lots of space, and dust freverently. If it went I probably wouldn't mind waiting a couple weeks for the problem to be fixed, or would buy a new arcade and swap out my HD.

In any event I don't know ONE person who owns an Elite that has RRoD and all the peeps I know with Elites had them since day 1. I generally thought they were manufactured better but I guess not.

If I were you though, I might just wait until June to get a new retail one (if you can hold out that long). MS is releasing new mother boards during that cycle that are supposed to be better with the heat and QUIETER. But if you can't wait 3 months or so, just take the plunge and get a new one with the extended warranty. Worst comes to worst, your's will break after June, to which point they will fix it and put the new motherboard in it anyway.

And I'm totally in agreement with you about games. 360 has by far the best library now, followed by Nintendo. But I believe Nintendo does "variety" a little bit better. Whereas 360 has a lot of games that fall in the same vein, but are still good.

I'm expecting the RRoD eventually, but keeping my fingers crossed

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

mrstickball said:
Yes. The newer Falcon models (provided you KNOW you got a Falcon model) are much, much safer.

Simple way to guarantee if you have a falcon is to check the bar code sticker on the side of the box.  If it lists the power supply as 175w then it's a falcon. The older models, and some early falcons, list 203w on the box.

Around the Network

Would they still be selling non falcon consoles? They had a "supply issue" so surely all of the old Xboxes are out of the supply chain by now! Falcon - slightly less reliable than the Wii and The PS3.

Tease.

don't sit the sonsole upright, and keep the vent open. mine has been going for about 7 months now. Oh, also, don't play DVD's they only make the console hot as hell is all.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Squilliam said:
Would they still be selling non falcon consoles? They had a "supply issue" so surely all of the old Xboxes are out of the supply chain by now! Falcon - slightly less reliable than the Wii and The PS3.

Asides from mostly pointless anecdotal evidence, what facts do you have to back this up?

@ op thread is a complete fallacy the heading is dishonest and I bet the story is questionable. Why not get a Wii or PS3 instead?

Strategyking92 said:
don't sit the sonsole upright, and keep the vent open. mine has been going for about 7 months now. Oh, also, don't play DVD's they only make the console hot as hell is all.

I have my console vertical and out in the open. The majority of the 360's heat is produced on the left side, which faces down if you have it horizontal.  I figure better to have that side up and allow cool room air to hit it.