By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I have planted a Pitanga Tree. Have you ever had pitanga. Any fruit tree lovers around?

Any fruit tree lovers around?

Absolutelly, planting fru... 17 85.00%

No, I hate it. Just die! 3 15.00%

Total:20
WagnerPaiva said:

I have planted a Pitanga Tree. Have ever had pitanga?

The house I built last year has a 1470m2 yard in it, and I am planting around 2 new fruit trees every month, so I can have, in 2 or 3 years, around 30 fruit trees in the house.

I have 12 so far, lemon, orange, apple, goiaba, peachs, figs, kiwi and mango.

My last was this awesome Pitanga Tree, I have made a video of the work:

It wasn´t easy cause I am really really sick (flu).

So, have you guys ever tried pitanga? It is really good, specially in juice form.

I think planting fruit trees, if you have the space, is a vey smart idea: you attract birds, have tons of fruit and also, it looks anf feels great to have trees around the house.

I do not consider myself a prepper, but I think it also good in case we get into a crisis: fruit can be used as food, source of water and as money.

I really hate this fruit, my mother and my sisters love this fruit , you is brazilian too right ? I noticed by the name of the video ^-^

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Ive never had it no.

Our climate isnt that warm.
We have apple & pear tree's instead.

In my garden there are a few apples, pears, a peach, walnut, plum, a cherry tree and some mixtures between applels and pears. But most of the apples and pears aren't tasty, neither are the cherries and walnuts, and there are very few plums. However, there are also a lot of berries (blackberry, gooseberry, raspberry, japanese wineberry, blueberry, red currant and black currant). In spring and summer, I often go out to eat them.

spurgeonryan said:
I think the only time I have seen this is at stores in Illinois and we call it pumpkins on a vine.

Lol, they are really small =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

michael_stutzer said:
Not a fruit tree, but I plant eggplants. I love eggplants, hopefully this year the yield will be good, they should be coming off the ground in a few days.

I also have a few cherry trees. The last year we have collected hundreds of kgs of cherry from just two trees (and one of them is quite small).

Wow, you should make some jelly with the cherries =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

I never heard of these, but you got me interested! I will look out for them.

Shikamo said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I have planted a Pitanga Tree. Have ever had pitanga?

The house I built last year has a 1470m2 yard in it, and I am planting around 2 new fruit trees every month, so I can have, in 2 or 3 years, around 30 fruit trees in the house.

I have 12 so far, lemon, orange, apple, goiaba, peachs, figs, kiwi and mango.

My last was this awesome Pitanga Tree, I have made a video of the work:

It wasn´t easy cause I am really really sick (flu).

So, have you guys ever tried pitanga? It is really good, specially in juice form.

I think planting fruit trees, if you have the space, is a vey smart idea: you attract birds, have tons of fruit and also, it looks anf feels great to have trees around the house.

I do not consider myself a prepper, but I think it also good in case we get into a crisis: fruit can be used as food, source of water and as money.

I really hate this fruit, my mother and my sisters love this fruit , you is brazilian too right ? I noticed by the name of the video ^-^

Yes, brazilian living in Brazil: I live in Serra Negra, a mountain town in São Paulo state countryside =)

JRPGfan said:
Ive never had it no.

Our climate isnt that warm.
We have apple & pear tree's instead.

Ihave planted pear and apple, but they are not liking the warm weather that much. Hopefully they will feel better in june, when the cold weather comes.

GoOnKid said:

I never heard of these, but you got me interested! I will look out for them.

If you find it in juice form, maybe frozen, try it, it is delicious =)

Flilix said:
In my garden there are a few apples, pears, a peach, walnut, plum, a cherry tree and some mixtures between applels and pears. But most of the apples and pears aren't tasty, neither are the cherries and walnuts, and there are very few plums. However, there are also a lot of berries (blackberry, gooseberry, raspberry, japanese wineberry, blueberry, red currant and black currant). In spring and summer, I often go out to eat them.

Sounds awesome!